TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:04:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 93
  • Total: 93

Doubt download system and update to 2.0.0

Started by Rock Lee, December 15, 2020, 01:45:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rock Lee

Well for a change they still don't replace the cables they were stolen (that's why I don't have internet and mobile data is expensive around here) I don't have that much time to be on the internet :tickedoff:.

That is why I am in debt to be able to upload the translation into Spanish (by the way it helped me to revise and improve I just can't get it up fast :P) well I do not have that much time I am with a friend so I have 2 specific doubts

In the download system can you put a folder directly to download? FTP style? or is it a very bad idea? It is worth clarifying the idea continue to maintain the permissions that I want to configure for a certain group of members to be able to see it and download the content.

And the other question I present (I am not entirely clear) is to update to the latest version of 1.6.x to uninstall and then install 2.0.0? or can I just uninstall my old version and install 2.0.0 directly? :hmm:

Sorry for my poor English, although since I don't have so much time on my own machine, I can only publish this and little else, surely certain phrases are out of place :-[

Regards!

@rjen

Quote from: Rock Lee on December 15, 2020, 01:45:59 AM
In the download system can you put a folder directly to download? FTP style? or is it a very bad idea? It is worth clarifying the idea continue to maintain the permissions that I want to configure for a certain group of members to be able to see it and download the content.

I am pretty sure that's not possible atm. You CAN use FTP to upload files into the /tp-downloads folder and then link them into a category using the FTP function the Tpdownloads, but that will create individual downloads again...

And the other question I present (I am not entirely clear) is to update to the latest version of 1.6.x to uninstall and then install 2.0.0? or can I just uninstall my old version and install 2.0.0 directly? :hmm:

I do not know what version you are on, but in general all you have to do is uninstall the previous version and then install 2.0.0 directly: the installer will take care of all upgrade activities. You can upgrade directly from versions older then 1.6.x to 2.0.0
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

Quote from: @rjen on December 15, 2020, 08:54:34 PM

I am pretty sure that's not possible atm. You CAN use FTP to upload files into the /tp-downloads folder and then link them into a category using the FTP function the Tpdownloads, but that will create individual downloads again...

If the place you upload them to is publicly accessible you can use the external download link option and it won't upload the item again btw.

Rock Lee

What happens they want to do everything quickly but when I finally showed them this publication and they understood a little more ... they will only take some time to upload everything (they are mostly PDF) :D Thank you and I still owe you the 2.0.0 translation :-[