TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:42:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 101
  • Total: 101

Recent Topics Block

Started by danolie, February 24, 2005, 02:13:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danolie

I read on the simplemachines website that you used the html block and ssi to put up your recent topics block here.

Would you please expound on how to do that?? What is the code I need to insert?? Thanks!!!

Dan

Bjørn

Not exactly..the "recent posts" is a special built-in block..but I have added 2 new block types:
- a javascript/html block allowing for use of javascript as well as html.(see the "shellcity.net" block here - its a one-liner javascript fetching news from that site.)

- a php code block, where you can write direct php code. Even html would have to be in an echo statement, but you get more freedom with it. Of course..its also quite easy to make mistakes with it, so I am doing a preview function for that, in another window..to check if it "breaks" before showing it in the forum.

Also, new blocks will now be set to "off" upon creation...to give you time to check it before setting it "on".

danolie

so.. is there an 'easy' way to use the html block as is to do a recent topics feature using ssi??

Bjørn

Not in beta 4, but in beta 5, yes. Just use a php type block there and do a call to a SSI.php function. But as I said, the "recent topics" has already been done for you in that beta. Basically it collects data from the function and output them in a compact way, because just letting the function do the rendering itself(default behavouir) will make it too big to fit in a block - in width.

Treviño

I'm really intrested in this feature (like in php block as I said in another post)... I could also do it by me but not well as you, so, have you planned a release-date for beta 5?

Bjørn

Well, any day now. I am just doing all the major changes first, and double-checking.

danolie

Alright!! :-) Looking forward to the next release

~a big fan.  8)