TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:00:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Started by blouogies, March 25, 2008, 11:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blouogies

Hi

PLEASE HELP I need support.  I have a forum for teens and I'm running on  ver SMF1.1.4.

I have changed my forum to the SMF Default Theme - Core.  Why I did that, was that I could install the smf Arcade. 

And geuss what happend I received the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare updatechatstats() (previously declared in /home/teengene/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1823) : eval()'d code:705) in /home/teengene/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1823) : eval()'d code on line 739

Please help me!!!!!
How do I correct this?

Crip

....do u have TP installed?
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

blouogies

Crip

blouogies

Ok I hope I understood you right did you mean that I have an FTP?  Sorry I'm very new to this!!!!
By the way I love your signature and I agree!!! Glad to see we worship the Same God!!!

Crip

i'd like to see a link to your site?

blouogies

Crip

what template does Acade use during install?..u might need to post this question at the smf Acade site?

blouogies

The funny thing was I didnt install the arcade mod yet.  I read that I should go back to default theme first so that is what I did. and then it gave me that error.

I did a posting at SMF and this is what they said here is the link: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=230498.0

Im so upset with myself!!!! :'(

G6Cad

Let me get this straigt, you installed another theme to be able to install the Arcade mod and things broke ?
What on earth does this have to do with the support we give here ? For help with the arcade mod you need to visit the arcade site support  ???

siath

G6, he is asking for help with TP, he didn't get a chance to install the arcade mod. He was going to but when he switched back to the default theme his forum threw that error.

should be a simple fix actually,
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare updatechatstats() (previously declared in /home/teengene/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1823) : eval()'d code:705) in /home/teengene/public_html/Sources/Load.php(1823) : eval()'d code on line 739

Open the load.php and remove the extra updatechatstats. There are two in that file looks like one on/around line 705 and one on/around 739.

How you ended up with two definitions of that function can happen from multiple different things. I won't guess about it.

AS ALWAYS BACK THE FILE UP BEFORE YOU EDIT IT.

That should get you back on the road.

Siath

blouogies

Ok listen what I tried to do was install the arcade mod afther I have installed it it gave me an error so I uninstalled and deleted it.  I went to smf Forum and seach for problems on acrade mod.  Then I read that you should go back to your default theme and then try to reinstall the mod.  So I tried to go back to my default mod and that is when this error came up.

Ken.

Just as a point of information here:
Thrashing around aimlessly installing/uninstalling/deleting mods is THE best way to mess up your forum.
Not trying to sound mean but thats the way it is.

So... stop changing stuff and take a breather, then start reading up on how to fix the issues you currently have. Later when your forum is back to normal you can then install the arcade or whatever else you want.

Just be sure to research the correct way to install before you do.  :)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

siath

Then, G6 is correct. And what you posted was misleading on other page. Sorry G6.

The funny thing was I didnt install the arcade mod yet.  I read that I should go back to default theme first so that is what I did. and then it gave me that error.

You specifically said you hadn't installed it yet.

Again sorry G6.

Siath

blouogies

I didnt installed it yesterday!
I have Installed it a week ago and removed it immediatly!!! 

Isnt there something wrong with me default theme?

siath

Point is you INSTALLED the mod and now it has messed up your forum. That mod didn't remove all of the code it installed.

This has me believing that there is a problem not in the load.php file but in a file called by it. Which, creates a whole different can of worms. Once again, G6 is correct and I was wrong. You need to be talking to the people who did the arcade mod.

Siath

Zetan

Just as a note here, when installing Mods via the SMF Package Manager, a backup of the forum is automatically created:

/ public_html / Packages / backups /

Download the last "before_blahmod", extract (unzip) and upload.

blouogies

Quote from: siath on March 25, 2008, 01:43:50 PM
Point is you INSTALLED the mod and now it has messed up your forum. That mod didn't remove all of the code it installed.

This has me believing that there is a problem not in the load.php file but in a file called by it. Which, creates a whole different can of worms. Once again, G6 is correct and I was wrong. You need to be talking to the people who did the arcade mod.

Siath
I did and this is what they said:
This has nothing to do with the arcade. The arcade does not have chat. The error states "updatechatstats". Do you have a chat installed? Then there is something wrong with it.

Skhilled

Quote from: blouogies on March 25, 2008, 12:18:03 PM
The funny thing was I didnt install the arcade mod yet.  I read that I should go back to default theme first so that is what I did. and then it gave me that error.

I did a posting at SMF and this is what they said here is the link: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=230498.0

The arcade mod is not the problem. The arcade does not use that function  " updatechatstats() ". I believe that this is from a chat mod.

You got this error before installing the arcade. So it cannot be an arcade problem. It is not a TP problem either.

The topic at SMF told you to remove the duplicate code. You should have attached the file to a post instead of posting the entire code in parts.

blouogies

Quote from: Skhilled on March 25, 2008, 02:18:38 PM
Quote from: blouogies on March 25, 2008, 12:18:03 PM

The arcade mod is not the problem. The arcade does not use that function  " updatechatstats() ". I believe that this is from a chat mod.

You got this error before installing the arcade. So it cannot be an arcade problem. It is not a TP problem either.

The topic at SMF told you to remove the duplicate code. You should have attached the file to a post instead of posting the entire code in parts.
It doesnt matter anymore it looks like Im to stupid to fix the problem so Thanks for everyones help!!!

Ken.

Don't let it get you down blouogies, it just a matter of learning the 'right' way to do these things and we've all had to go through that process. Its not if you are "stupid", rather its that you just need to learn this stuff the same way the rest of us did and thats by doing it by trial and error and by asking questions.

Focus on this one problem until its fixed and that will make the next issue a little easier because you'll learn a few things along the way.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Skhilled