TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:33:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 160
  • Total: 160

WTF! Totally Lost!

Started by DrkSideInc, February 17, 2008, 11:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gffb

Just out of intrest why are you using SMF 1.1.3 and not the release version 1.1.4?

terryk

DrkSideInc:
Unless I have missed a different post by you, it seems to me that you might of started off in a manner that insured errors.
I could be wrong, but did you install TP via the SMF package manager. It has always installed complete, with zero errors for me.

I am assuming that calling the tpinstall.php file via the browser window is not equal to callling the entire zip via the package manager.

hope this helps

regards

terry

Quix

Quote from: Tickâ,,¢ on February 17, 2008, 11:27:19 PM
Did you make the edits to all the files that need to edited for tp to work.  If now look in the docs section and find the manual install instructions and the file code edits.

Please excuse my lazines. I have the flu and have been too use to TP just installing as a package.

I got the database connection issue and followed the manual install, then went gah gah when I came to the edit the files section.

Surely a pre-edited version of 1.1.4 could be posted here with all the changes already done? I'm sure Tick or Ich would have the know how and confidence to do it.

To much to ask?

Oh if it's any relevance, my hoster states:

"Do you restrict any features in MySQL 4.1/5.0?"

"Yes. In order to protect our shared servers we restrict the following features:

MySQL 5.0:

* Triggers will not be supported in the MySql 5.0 offering because the SUPER privilege is needed to run all triggers. A bug report was submitted to MySql AB for a privilege tables fix in later versions of MySql 5.1.
    * Stored functions are not allowed, however, deterministic stored procedures/routines will be supported. For more information see Are stored procedures allowed in MySQL

MySQL 4.1 and 5.0:

* The Berkeley storage engine is no longer supported by us or MySQL AB. If you have tables which use the Berkeley storage engine you may continue to use that table, however we will not support it. We advise that all customers convert their Berkeley storage engine tables into InnoDB.
"

IchBin

Unfortunately we cannot offer any SMF files pre-made for download as that would be breaking the copyright of SMF. That is why we have instructions, most custom themes are already converted by Crip.