TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:39:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 104
  • Total: 104

Theme application...

Started by sturmkatze, July 07, 2018, 10:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sturmkatze

Link to my site: http://www.reenactor.net
SMF version: SMF 2.0.15
TP version: 1.107
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: main one is called "Green the Fourth" I know dumb, but it was the fourth try of modifying something.  :P
Browser Name and Version: I am almost exclusively using firefox -- whatever newest is. It updates itself..
Mods installed:

• TinyPortal    1.107
  • Buy Me A Beer    1.1
  • Social Bookmarks    1.1
  • SMF 1.1.19 / 2.0.6 Update    1.0
  • SMF 2.0.15 Update    1.0
  • Member Color Link    2.0.0
  • SMF 2.0.14 Update    1.0
  • Google Analytics Code    1.4
  • SMF 2.0.7 Update    1.0
  • Member Awards    1.0.2
  • SMF 1.1.20 / 2.0.9 Update    1.0
  • PM On Registration    1.0
  • Links    2.0
  • Ultimate Profile    0.9.1
  • SMF 1.1.21 / 2.0.10 Update    1.0
  • Ad Managment    3.1a
  • SMF 2.0.8 Update    1.0
  • SMF Gallery Pro    5.0.2a
  • Moderator Activity Report for SMF1.1.2    1.2
  • SMF 2.0.11 Update    1.0
  • Registered Images ENG    2
  • SMF Staff Page    1.7
  • Spam Me Not Mod    1.02
  • SMF 2.0.12 Update    1.0
  • SMF Gallery Pro    5.0.3a
  • SMF 2.0.13 Update    1.0
  • Amazon ISBN & ASIN Mod    1.1
  • SMF Gallery Pro    5.0.8
  • Buy me a beer    1.0
Related Error messages: Error message here

tino

Quote from: sturmkatze on July 08, 2018, 05:44:39 PM
Quote from: tino on July 08, 2018, 05:40:22 PM

Can you upload a copy of the TinyPortal Package and also your current SMF site? I don't need the database just the files.
The tp package that I have and what? The site itself, as in url? www.reenactor.net

No a copy of the files, so the contents of your SMF directory.

lurkalot

Quote from: sturmkatze on July 08, 2018, 05:23:59 PM

I did upload the package back. BUT... when i try to install it I get a warning message with multiple issues..

No one said to install it, it's already installed, you were advised to just upload the package again assuming you'd actually deleted it.

sturmkatze

Quote from: lurkalot on July 08, 2018, 06:45:43 PM

I did upload the package back. BUT... when i try to install it I get a warning message with multiple issues..

No one said to install it, it's already installed, you were advised to just upload the package again assuming you'd actually deleted it.
I did that yesterday.

sturmkatze

Quote from: tino on July 08, 2018, 06:34:20 PM
No a copy of the files, so the contents of your SMF directory.
I'm confused, please bear with me. BY SMF directory, do you mean the whole site? It's not in its own folder, per-se. Is there a smf folder I am not seeing? There is a LOT there.

lurkalot

Quote from: sturmkatze on July 08, 2018, 06:54:32 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on July 08, 2018, 06:45:43 PM

I did that yesterday.

Sorry sturmkatze, but you did what yesterday, Uploaded it? deleted it? or reinstalled it?

sturmkatze

Quote from: lurkalot on July 08, 2018, 06:59:20 PM
Sorry sturmkatze, but you did what yesterday, Uploaded it? deleted it? or reinstalled it?
My bad. I uploaded the TP package back. I did NOT install it because there were a bunch of errors and it's already messed up. It's there.

I noticed a lot of the problems as I am trying to make the pages go https: and when I did the repair settings to change all that, it messed things up, like not allowing viewing of stuff in the tp images folder, SO, I undid that. But then, looking at things, I realized a lot of stuff wasn't working. Who knows for how long  :o. I've been concentrating on the Roman site making it mobile (and now stressing about it not being secure -- I hate google). Anyway, I digress.

The thing is, this site has different sections, by time period, and those each have a different theme. Now, it seems not to allow me to change the theme and, if i mess with the category, it changes the theme to the main one. It has been a kludge over the years to trying to make it work. Now it's all come to roost, I guess.

tino

Quote from: sturmkatze on July 08, 2018, 07:13:30 PM
I noticed a lot of the problems as I am trying to make the pages go https: and when I did the repair settings to change all that, it messed things up, like not allowing viewing of stuff in the tp images folder, SO, I undid that.

I think this is most likely the cause of all your issues, you need to update all url's to be https when you switch to a secure site. I'm guessing some of your css and image url's were not updated so that is why some stopped working.

This would also be why the CKEditor stopped working.

You said you had a backup of the SMF and TP files in an earlier post, this is what I was asking for.

sturmkatze

Quote from: tino on July 08, 2018, 08:01:03 PM
Quote from: sturmkatze on July 08, 2018, 07:13:30 PM
I noticed a lot of the problems as I am trying to make the pages go https: and when I did the repair settings to change all that, it messed things up, like not allowing viewing of stuff in the tp images folder, SO, I undid that.

I think this is most likely the cause of all your issues, you need to update all url's to be https when you switch to a secure site. I'm guessing some of your css and image url's were not updated so that is why some stopped working.
I thought I had put them back. What happened when I DID do the secure stuff, is a lot of it just stoped working. Then, when I went back, it wouldn't work anymore.

QuoteThis would also be why the CKEditor stopped working.
Could be, but I didn't monkey with that coding. Hell, I wouldn't know how. A friend of mine, a guru did that for me.

QuoteYou said you had a backup of the SMF and TP files in an earlier post, this is what I was asking for.
I do. My question is, what exactly do you need? The whole folders or just the smf files in the main folder? I am not trying to be obtuse. I can zip whatever you need into a file, if you need that. Or, not to annoy people, you could pm me??  ;) Would that be better.

tino

I think it'll be easier to say everything for now other than attachments and any uploaded images.

Although as you mentioned the https change I'm almost entirely sure it's all down to that messing everything up and not everything being modified correctly with repair settings.