TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:49:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 192
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 74
  • Total: 74

SMF Arcade Instead of SMF Games?

Started by anunlike, March 16, 2006, 05:31:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anunlike

Just wanted to get some clarification on something ...

I was looking at the Roadmap here and saw that there'd be support for an arcade section and it mentions SMF Games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SMF Arcade and smfarcade.net used for the SMF arcade mod now?

Oh, and is this still planned for a v.0.9 or v1.0?

Thanks.

Nokonium

I think that when originally mooted the SMF Arcade was somewhat less refined and used a large number of d/b queries. Bloc was considering creating his own Arcade as a Module that could use the SMF Arcade games. With improvements in SMF Arcade there is less need for this and it is unlikely to appear as a module.

The current strategy is to make TP stable, with no major additions until after this has been achieved.

HTH

anunlike

OK. Thanks for that bit of clarification.

A bit of bummer to know that we'd have to install it as a mod through the forum. It would be really nice to have as a standard part of TP, no matter how long it might take to get added in.

For me, every time I tried to get the SMF Arcade mod installed, it would never work and i'd get database errors. Oh well, it would just give me something to work on a bit more and would further teach this stuff to me.

anunlike

Quote from: nokonium on March 16, 2006, 09:08:58 AMThe current strategy is to make TP stable, with no major additions until after this has been achieved.

I quite agree with making it as stable as possible for the final release, as opposed to adding more modules or whatever. If it came down to a choice, I'd say to definitely make stability the priority.

:)

Nokonium

Quote from: anunlike on March 17, 2006, 04:43:52 AM
For me, every time I tried to get the SMF Arcade mod installed, it would never work and i'd get database errors. Oh well, it would just give me something to work on a bit more and would further teach this stuff to me.

I have 1.2.4b, it works OK but I do get a few errors logged, mostly caused by bots and guests. They have been beta testing 1.3 which is hopefully due out soon.

IchBin

Where did the arcade site move to now? Do they still have a support forum?

G6Cad

That site is like a rolercoaster, up and down several times a day  :-\

anunlike

Quote from: IchBinâââ,¬Å¾Ã,¢ on March 17, 2006, 02:49:08 PMWhere did the arcade site move to now? Do they still have a support forum?

That's kind of what I was asking in my original post. It used to be SMF Games at smfgames.net (or something like that), but now it's SMF Arcade at http://www.smfarcade.net.