TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:38:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 192
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 190
  • Total: 190

Linux

Started by Ray, March 09, 2007, 05:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TWD

Even better.  Just didn't want to annoy anybody. ;)

Ray

Quote from: TWD on March 09, 2007, 07:25:11 PM
Even better.  Just didn't want to annoy anybody. ;)
lol never

G6Cad

Hahaha, Im not annoyed eather, i just want to get the same info from Ray  :D

And that link sure had a lot of great reading and step by step guides, you are gold Ray  :-*

Ray

Quote from: G6Ã,â,,¢ on March 09, 2007, 08:05:39 PM
Hahaha, Im not annoyed eather, i just want to get the same info from Ray  :D

And that link sure had a lot of great reading and step by step guides, you are gold Ray  :-*
Why thank you

Shane84

Quote from: TWD on March 09, 2007, 07:06:22 PM
What kind of connection to the outside world do you have?  I'd love to host my own site but I don't know what kind of upstream speed I need.

Not to butt in :D lol, I just thought I'd play devil's advocate and point out that if you plan on hosting files of any larger size, I wouldn't recommend hosting through your home ISP, having a decent upstream is important for those larger files and even if you're hosting a site with a lot of traffic and queries.  And personally, if it's for a business, I'd stick to having a host that you can call and bug them about fixing it instead of having to deal with the headaches and potential loss of business yourself if you're not 100% sure of what you're doing.

IchBin

www.diywebserver.com is a great place. This is where I learned all my stuff about linux. There's a couple of guys that hang out at the place that are really smart on linux. Although the place is not so active, it has a ton of great info on setting up stuff.