TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:24:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

Latest image block?

Started by ausfisho, May 16, 2021, 12:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ausfisho

Hi is there any code around to create a left block for latest image posted on forum from Levertine Gallery 1.1.1 or help to get this to work

@rjen

I think Lurkalot has some experience with this. I have never user Levertine...
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

It's built into TP when you install levgal, you'll find it in the blocks admin page. 

Actually thought I already added that one for you, though it might be set not to show to guests. I'm sure it's already on on your site.  Just tweak the settings and move it into a left block, or create a new one.

If you get stuck you'll have to temporally switch me to admin again. ;)

ausfisho

Sorry i put my post up wrong wording it, should of been image from the forum that has been posted i meant to say, but still couldn't see anything for levgal in tp settings will change your access back

lurkalot

Quote from: ausfisho on May 16, 2021, 02:03:49 PM
Sorry i put my post up wrong wording it, should of been image from the forum that has been posted i meant to say, but still couldn't see anything for levgal in tp settings will change your access back

I could be totally wrong, but in that case I'm pretty sure nothing exists to extract and display latest images from the forum.  You'd need to get someone to code something to do that.

As for levgal, on your site in blocks admin it's a front panel block called " BreamAlliance Media Gallery"  That is set to display levgal latest images in a 4 columns, 4 rows layout. 

if (defined('LEVGAL_VERSION'))
{
// Displaying rows and columns of items. For example 1 row of 4 items would be $columns = 4; and $rows = 1;
$columns = 4;
$rows = 4;
LevGal_Portal_TinyPortal::getLatestItems($columns, $rows);
}

You can edit that should you wish, just  add it to side block just make it one column by 2 - 3 rows and turn the other one off. 

ausfisho

Yes sorry that works perfectly, I buggered my wording was thinking u might of had that in, as sp did I used it from there blocks all good thank you again

lurkalot

Quote from: ausfisho on May 16, 2021, 03:45:54 PM
Yes sorry that works perfectly, I buggered my wording was thinking u might of had that in, as sp did I used it from there blocks all good thank you again

I just had  a look at the clone I made of your site as it's still running SP. 

I see the block you're talking about now.  They have a "Recent Image Attachments" block which appears to make use of ssi_recentAttachments Has a nice little interface with various option which is quite neat actually.

But it appears SMF's ssi is somehow broken so it won't work for me.

@rjen

Can you post the block code here?

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on May 16, 2021, 06:06:27 PM
Can you post the block code here?

It's a stock block built into SP so not sure where all the code resides. 

As a test You should be able to just add this to a php block ssi_recentAttachments();

and you'll get the broken images like you do in SP as well.  Obviously no styling or options doing it this way but you'll see the ssi isn't working.

@rjen

I am not getting broken images, just a list of attachments in a block...