TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 136
  • Total: 136

TinyPortal v0.7.4 Manual Install

Started by Lesmond, October 04, 2005, 11:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bloc

If you are experiencing problems during the normal installation of TinyPortal, these extra files are provided to help getting TP installed anyway.

Basically, 3 things must be done for TP to work:

• database tables installed
  • TinyPortal specific files uploaded to correct folders
  • 4 SMF files must be modified

The normal package takes care of all three, but if you must do it manually, do them in the this order.
1.) upload tp_install_manual.php to your forum root folder and run it. It will just create tables, nothing else.

2.) Upload all TP files to the correct locations. The file TP074_filesonly.zip contains them, in the right folders too.

3.) run the TP074_modonly.zip through package manager. this will change 4 SMF files: index.template.php, Load.php , Errors.php and index.php. Or - If package manager don't work, you need to:

(4.)) manually change these 4 files with the requires changes. The TP_mod-instructions.rtf show these changes.

If all these are done, running the forum should go well, with TinyPortal installed correctly.

domp

Perfect :-)

Worked flawless. Weird thing is I checked all 4 files you mentioned in the instructions but all everything was okay already.

just to be sure, here's what i did so far....

• Fresh install of RC1 on an excisting database  - no problem
  • Try to install 074 with package manager - error "corrupt file"
  • Uploaded everything in TP074_files_only in the right folders  - nothing changed
  • Followed the instructions above and no problem since then

lemme fiddle a bit wif it now ;)

Oldiesmann

No problems here - uploaded all the files manually earlier and made appropriate changes, so after running the install file, I had absolutely no problems. My site is back up and running now (DNS transfer only took a few hours, oddly enough), so I'm quite pleased :)

envon

Nokonium

error 500: Internal Server Error

Everything appeared to go OK (once I realised that I should use the install_manual and not the one in the files only zip) but when I tried to reload the forum, following the mod zip via Package Manager, I got the above.

I've now overwritten the modified SMF files and the forum loads again. I've got my day job to go to now, I'll have to try the manual SMF file modifications this evening.

domp

One thing I dont understand ...

In the folder  TP_074_files_only there is a file tp-install074.php what goes in the root..
You don't say a thing about running that file..  do we have to or is it a "left over" ?

Tia

Nokonium

Quote from: nokonium on October 05, 2005, 06:42:54 AM

Still getting that error,
I've modded each file as required.
I've verified each file syntax is OK for PHP 4.4
Renamed the existing files, then uploaded the modded SMF files.

bloc

Quote from: domp on October 05, 2005, 07:23:10 PM
One thing I dont understand ...

In the folder  TP_074_files_only there is a file tp-install074.php what goes in the root..
You don't say a thing about running that file..  do we have to or is it a "left over" ?

Tia

Thats a left-over ::) I will correct that.

bloc

Quote from: nokonium on October 05, 2005, 08:56:11 PM
Quote from: nokonium on October 05, 2005, 06:42:54 AM

Still getting that error,
I've modded each file as required.
I've verified each file syntax is OK for PHP 4.4
Renamed the existing files, then uploaded the modded SMF files.

The databse tables is also done? the prefix is set? ( if you sue another than tportal_) and all TP files uploaded?

Nokonium

Quote from: Bloc on October 05, 2005, 10:20:19 PM
The databse tables is also done? the prefix is set? ( if you sue another than tportal_)

The second file appeared to work, but I've just checked in phpMyAdmin and they have been created as 'tportal_' not what I put in the box, 'sgrportal_'

Quoteand all TP files uploaded?

Yup, and the prefixes set in all but the TPdlmanager file.

I'll run a rename on the tportal_ prefixes and reload the modified index file.