TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:37:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 84
  • Total: 84

Question after upgrading to TP 2.0.0 RC1

Started by jernatety, August 31, 2020, 07:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jernatety

Quote from: lurkalot on August 31, 2020, 07:58:16 PM
Quote from: jernatety on August 31, 2020, 07:54:02 PM
Hi Mick, if I change to that the image tags for forum posts work. But I don't allow my articles to be posted.

Yep Ross, sorry was just feeding my findings to tino, I'm not suggesting you use that setting.  The two forum posts settings mentioned above are broken it seems.

Ok, thought so, I cannot revert back so is this something I can edit manually to get the BBC to work on front page?

Also, I don't have any of my themes selected for general settings > Select non-responsive themes. I use default curve and responsiveness is broken.

lurkalot

Quote from: jernatety on August 31, 2020, 08:04:01 PM

Also, I don't have any of my themes selected for general settings > Select non-responsive themes. I use default curve and responsiveness is broken.

You have the responsive curve mod installed though, yes?

@rjen

Quote from: jernatety on August 31, 2020, 08:00:46 PM
Quote from: @rjen on August 31, 2020, 07:56:13 PM
What do you mean "I don't allow my articles to be posted."?

I never promote any articles to the front page, only forum posts.

Aa a temporary fix, switch to "Forum-topics and articles - sorted on date" and simply do not select any articles to show on the frontpage: that will give you the same as "Only forum-topics"
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

@rjen

jernatety

Quote from: lurkalot on August 31, 2020, 08:07:20 PM
Quote from: jernatety on August 31, 2020, 08:04:01 PM

You have the responsive curve mod installed though, yes?

Yep 4 years. The only changes I made were Uninstalling TP 1.6.7 and deleted. Then installed 2.0 RC1

jernatety

Quote from: @rjen on August 31, 2020, 08:11:39 PM
Tried clearing your cache (Ctrl+F5)?

How do I deselect articles? When I turn it on it's showing test articles from 3 years ago.

I always do the same cache dump whenever I make changes

1. Maintenance > Routine > Clear files cache
2. ctrl f5
3. Manual browser cache through settings

@rjen

Look at the screenshot I added: there are two icons behind each article that must be unchecked: "Featured" and "Show on Frontpage", or go into the article that is showing on the frontpage and in the settings for the article make sure that "show on frontpage' is unchecked

By the way: I think the responsiveness is broken to the very long unparsed image strings that are now showing...

@rjen

jernatety

Quote from: @rjen on August 31, 2020, 08:21:07 PM
Look at the screenshot I added: there are two icons behind each article that must be unchecked: "Featured" and "Show on Frontpage", or go into the article that is showing on the frontpage and in the settings for the article make sure that "show on frontpage' is unchecked

By the way: I think the responsiveness is broken to the very long unparsed image strings that are now showing...

Ok, got it and that fixed the responsive issue. There were two topics with long URLS which were breaking the resposiveness.

One other issue. This topic is on the front page https://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?topic=1857 I have show 300 characters selected in the front page settings. The entire body of the topic is showing, it's about 1 thousand words.

lurkalot

Quote from: jernatety on August 31, 2020, 08:30:42 PM

One other issue. This topic is on the front page https://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?topic=1857 I have show 300 characters selected in the front page settings. The entire body of the topic is showing, it's about 1 thousand words.

I didn't notice when I looked at your site with your original setting "Only forum-topics" was it limiting to 300 characters with that setting?