TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:15:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 235
  • Total: 236
  • tino

SMF Calendar Block

Started by Lesmond, September 03, 2005, 11:30:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

Smythe,

I don't really have time to work on this right now but I have a solution.  Why don't you try the code that I put in this post --> http://www.tinyportal.net/index.php?topic=32717.msg262975#msg262975

Normally it's much easier to help someone if they have followed our Posting Guidelines to tell us about their site so that we know what versions of SMF and TinyPortal they are using but you didn't do that.  Therefore, I have to assume that you are using SMF 2.x and TinyPortal 1.0 Final.  If that is the case, the code in that post will work for you though you might have to adjust the parameters.

In the future, if you would be so kind, please give us the information we need to help you when asking for support.  This is the information we will need ...

[b]Link to my forum:[/b] http://www.yourdomain.com/forum/
[b]SMF version:[/b] SMF ver. here
[b]TP version:[/b] TP ver. here
[b]Default Forum Language:[/b] Your Default Forum Language here
[b]Theme name and version:[/b] Theme name here
[b]Browser Name and Version: [/b] Browser name/version here
[b]Mods installed:[/b] Mods listed here
[b]Related Error messages:[/b] Error message here

ZarPrime

Smythe

Thank you for your assistance... the post you linked worked fine... edited a few things ...appreciate the help.

Is there a way to enlarge the calendar portion ?? after that I wont ask any more ... I swear.... lol

Thanks again your efforts are greatly appreciated

ZarPrime

Hmmm, I'm not sure what you mean.  There is a couple of places in the code where the "font-size:" is "x-small" and you might be able to play with that to see if you can make it slightly bigger.  However, if you make it too big, it might not fit very well in the left panel.  Depends on how big your left panel is I guess.  This is the same mini-calendar that we use on our FrontPage here and it looks pretty good like it is, IMHO.

ZarPrime

ZarPrime

I just changed the font-size  on the mini-calendar on our FP from x-small to small and it made it a little bigger so I guess that would be OK.

ZarPrime

ZP edit:  OK, I just changed it again from small to medium and it still looks OK but again, it depends on the width of your left panel whether it will fit or not.

ZarPrime

OK, I just changed the font size on the mini-calendar on our FP to medium as I said in my last post.  Is this what you are talking about?

ZarPrime

Smythe

Link to my forum: http://www.tantalusls.com
SMF version: 2.0.2
TP version: 1.0
Default Forum Language: UTF8 ... English
Theme name and version: Ostara 1
Browser Name and Version: IE & Firefox
Mods installed: A Bunch... to much to list but should be N/A

Sorry to be a pain.... but I figured I would go about this the correct way this time...

Using the same Block here.... is there a way to make the BG transparent... no grid for the calendar with the just the numbers showing.... also the Highlighted colors for the Events makes them almost impossible to read.... how could I go about changing the Text color.

Would it be possible to make just an event block that works the same as the event section ... no calendar ... just the events. I looked around and the one I did find had the date format kinda off... I like the way the date is here on the block you linked me to earlier....

I am trying to have examples of both block ... with calendar and without.... with color and transparent....

ZarPrime

Quote from: Smythe on January 25, 2013, 02:18:56 AM
Sorry to be a pain.... but I figured I would go about this the correct way this time...

Thank you.  It makes it so much easier to see what you are trying to do when we can actually see it in action on your site.  You're using quite an interesting theme, lot's of transparency.  It's not too difficult on these first two so let's look at those first.  First of all, make a copy of the code you are currently using in the block and stick it into a text file on your computer so that you can revert to it in case you make a mistake.  Likewise, save a copy of the css file I mention below where editing is needed for the same reason in case you don't like the result.

is there a way to make the BG transparent... no grid for the calendar with the just the numbers showing....

The BG for this code uses a class in the index.css for the theme around line 418 in the file http://testls.sytes.net/Themes/ostara1/css/index.css?fin20 and removing that BG color will actually make the backgrounds transparent.  However, doing this may make other locations on the site take on that transpanency as well so you will want to check the site to make sure it's what you want to use.

Code (Find This) Select
/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg, #preview_body, .windowbg a:link, .windowbg a:visited
{
color: #000000;
background: #bbd7ff;
}

Code (Change to This) Select
/* Alternating backgrounds for posts, and several other sections of the forum. */
.windowbg, #preview_body, .windowbg a:link, .windowbg a:visited
{
color: #000000;
}

also the Highlighted colors for the Events makes them almost impossible to read.... how could I go about changing the Text color.

Again, Event, Holiday, and Birthday colors in SMF 2.x are also controlled by the same index.css file for the theme noted above around line 560.  So, if you want to change that yellow color to something like a dull red color which looks pretty good

Code (Find This) Select
.event
{
color: #FF9;
}

Code (Change to This) Select
.event {
    color: #E4341B;
}

Would it be possible to make just an event block that works the same as the event section ... no calendar ... just the events. I looked around and the one I did find had the date format kinda off... I like the way the date is here on the block you linked me to earlier....

Well, yeah, you could do this by commenting out the parts of the code that renders the actual calendar part.  However, be aware that clicking the links in the calendar actually take your members to the actual SMF calendar for that month whereas clicking the link in the actual event below the calendar will take your member to the topic where the event is discussed.  For instance, clicking the "30" in the January calendar will take you to that SMF calendar and clicking the "Primary Fight: Ifrit" link will take you to that topic (http://www.tantalusls.com/index.php?topic=36.0).  If removing the calendar rendering is something you really want to do, try commenting out the code for the block that renders the calendar yourself and see if you can figure it out.  If you can't figure it out, let me know and I will take a further look at it.

Why do I want you to try doing this yourself?  Well, because our job here is not really to do things for people but to show them how to do it themselves.  In the process, hopefully, we can teach you something about php, which is ultimately our goal. ;)

ZarPrime

Kerry

Is there a smaller font size than "smalltext" so that the calendar will fit in the normal sized left block?
For example: http://www.comcom121.org/csgforum/index.php?action=forum I have to scroll horizontally to see all the days.

Kerry

ZarPrime

Kerry,

Could you post the code you are using in the block on your site?  Please use the code tags (#) to attach the code, like this ...

[code]
Code here
[/code]

Thanks,
ZarPrime