TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:14:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97

Adding TP To My Theme {problem}

Started by Xarcell, October 28, 2005, 05:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xarcell

I've tried adding TP my to my but I keep getting a parse error, and I cannot figure out how to fix it.

Test site: http://feyorin.com/smf/index.php

I think it might have something to do with this code:

}

// TinyPortal
         echo '</div>';
     if($context['TPortal']['fixed_width']!=0)
             echo '</td></tr></table>';
// end

echo '

</td>
<td style="background-color: #3C3C3C; background-image: url(http://www.veoclan.com/smf/Themes/veo-default/images/railbar_right.gif);" width="10" valign="top"></td>
</tr></table>

</body>
</html>';
}

Any suggestions?

-X

IchBin

Is there any reason you've added the forum link at the bottom and the variable? It's already there above where you put it in. I can't see any immediate errors, but I'll keep looking. Is this the default theme?

Xarcell

No it's an old 1.0 theme that I worked with to get it working for rc1. It was working, but to get it working I had to keep tampering with that area of code I suggested in the first post.
It gave me teh same problems...

I don't know php, but I kept adding and removing stuff till it worked, lol. I used the default theme to try and compare to update the code. It was working though...

I didn't notice the forum link, I removed it. It was from when I installed simpleportal, and I wanted a button link directly to the forum.

-Xarcell

Xarcell

I added another } before ?>.

Now it loads, but carries this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: template_menu() in /home/.abigaildryer/xarcell/feyorin.com/smf/Sources/Load.php(1598) : eval()'d code on line 417

EDIT: I think I have one too many { somewhere...

Xarcell

Ok, I found my extra { it comes from:

// TinyPortal
     if($context['TPortal']['showtop']==1)
     {
// TinyPortal end

So when I remove it, the theme works without errors, but I know I need that code. Any suggestions as to where I should place my }  after that code to fix it?

EDIT: I left teh tp code, and just removed the { part of it. It works now, but everything seems to be outta whack.

-Xarcell

Xarcell

I got everything working, but I just don't think this theme can be saved. Everything isn't showing up (images) because the width on the admin.news is too long. I try to change the settings "show user/news at top = no" it kills the theme and the news block still shows.

I think the theme is beyond saving.

-Xarcell

IchBin

Might be better to just start fresh. :)

Xarcell

Ya, I guess I'll jhust try another theme. I can't make themes, only alter them. I really liked that one.

Xarcell

Man I just can't let go of this theme. I still been working on it and been trying to work out the kinks in it.

Anyone wanna update the original to 1.1rc1, then update for tp? Then everyone can use it.

It's the grey daze skin for smf 1.0

-Xarcell