TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 243
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 246
  • Total: 246

BigDog Robot

Started by DigiHiTech, March 26, 2008, 09:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiHiTech

Hi
The Most Advanced Quadruped Robot on Earth  BigDog Robot video
BigDog is the alpha male of the Boston Dynamics family of robots. It is a quadruped robot that walks, runs, and climbs on rough terrain and carries heavy loads. BigDog is powered by a gasoline engine that drives a hydraulic actuation system. BigDog's legs are articulated like an animal’s, and have compliant elements that absorb shock and recycle energy from one step to the next. BigDog is the size of a large dog or small mule, measuring 1 meter long, 0.7 meters tall and 75 kg weight. More>>>

Download video: http://www.bostondynamics.com/dist/BigDog.wmv

IchBin

Sorry, I slapped a ban on this and removed it to the junk really fast as it looked like spam. Took a better read a few moments later and rectified that decision. :) You should perhaps give a short explanation in the future as to why you post something like this as your first post.

G6Cad

Funny thing that "dog"  :o

And IchBin, my time to point the finger  ;)  ;D

IchBin

Yes, but fixed before anyone noticed. lol

Ken.

Quote from: IchBinâ,,¢ on March 26, 2008, 10:21:42 PM
Sorry, I slapped a ban on this and removed it to the junk really fast as it looked like spam. Took a better read a few moments later and rectified that decision. :) You should perhaps give a short explanation in the future as to why you post something like this as your first post.

That was my first reaction IchBinâ,,¢, but after taking a closer look I remembered seeing  info on this robot before... so instead of removing it I just moved it.  ;)
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

FERNSIDEâ„¢

LOL..

I enjoy witnessing the development of technology, and find it fascinating how this "dogs" motion/movement is very sensitive to change. Just how it stabilizes itself after being kicked is quite remarkable. imo
The March version of this clip, shows it performing more maneuvers.

Thanks for the share mate :)