TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:04:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 203
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 73
  • @rjen

Significance of your User Name

Started by Zetan, May 07, 2007, 01:36:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zetan

So, how and why do you have the User Name you have?
My first screen name was LAB DESIGN because at the time I was a freelance graphic designer and I used to design club flyers, logo's and album art.
I simply don't have time to meet deadlines in my life right now to continue with graphics.

I changed it to Zetan, there is a Trance/House band called Zetan Spore. Quite far removed from Metal/Rock music which is my first love.
Zetan are also:

QuoteThe Zetan-Alien Menace
By Avadar/Paul Richard
http://members.aol.com/SolistAvadar/Zetan-aliens.htm

But that wasn't why I chose it, I chose it purely on the Trance band:
http://www.aardvarkrecords.co.uk/zetanspore.htm
http://www.zetanspore.co.uk/

So, how did you come by your User Name?

Resident Geek

I am officially called "The Resident Geek" at the business that I work for. That is my official title.
Tick was having trouble using Unicode to make the "â„¢" in the chatbox, so as a joke, I turned my full name into unicode characters. I'll probably change it back some day, but for now, I like it the way it is. :)

tick

You know I still doesn't work with my computer.  I have checked every setting and cant find where its not right.  Oh well copy and paste still works   ;D

Resident Geek

*Is confused*
If copy paste works, then ALT 0153 SHOULD work. Oh well. (We'll probably still be bringing this up 2 years from now. ;D )

Congrats on the promotion tick! *Salutes*

The "Bone Crusher" thing is because my nickname in my sophomore year of highschool was "Bone Crusher"
At 93 pounds, it was kinda a joke. :)
I got the name after breaking a kid's nose in a wrestling match.

G6Cad

QuoteALT 0153

Need to use the NUMPAD for the numbers or it wont work

Resident Geek

Oh... LOL... That may be why it wasn't working for you Tick. Are you using a laptop by any chance? ;D

I'd really like to know the story behind your name G6. :)

tick

Yes I am on the laptop.  That could be it.   :laugh:

G6Cad

I have posted that in here somewhere.
But the story aint so long so...

I am a car freak, have been in them, around them, build a few and competed with carsound and so on.
The last car i had was a VW Passat i35 G60 GT Syncro.

When i sat down at home for the first time and logged in here i had to pick a name, and the papers from the car was right infront of me, so it became g6cad ( g6 for G60 and cad for the first letter of my birth names) But i ended up with G6 as this became what every one in here called me, except Crip that call me gsixxy or similar hahahaha

G6Cad

Resident Geek

If you are using a laptop tick, you may not have a number pad. :)
That would explain it.

Alright Gsixxy. (You'll never get that out of me now. ;D )

IchBin

Some laptops like mine, have a fn (function) key with numbers set on the keys. If you hold alt+fn+# it still works.

As for the user name, I took German in highschool. Started playing online WWII games with allies/germans. So I wanted to choose something unique. First words that came to mind was Ich Bin which means "I am". Nothing special about it. But I get PM's and people speaking to me in German because of it every so often. :)

tick

Yes mine does too.  I tried holding the alt+fn+ then the numbers and still wont work for me.   Not sure why .  Copy and paste works though.   

IchBin

Do you hold them down while you're doing the numbers?

Ken.

Itââ,¬â,,¢s pretty obvious that mine is my ââ,¬Ëœrealââ,¬â,,¢ name, but the nick that Iââ,¬â,,¢ve used for many years and still do on lots of sites is ââ,¬ËœBigFootââ,¬â,,¢.

It came out of my career as a Correctional Officer (prison guard) and was given to me by one of the Officers who was working for me when a female visitor for one of the inmates started a conversation with me by commenting on how big I was and how big my feet are. (6-4 & size 14) ââ,¬Â¦ and I still donââ,¬â,,¢t think of them as very big... my feet that is  ;)

During this exchange she said, ââ,¬Å"Well you know what they say about men with big feet!ââ,¬Â
So the Officer made sure that the nick spread throughout both the staff and inmate population and it has stuck ever sense.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Nikki Sixx

Not that I am the real Nikki Sixx, nonetheless a fan.

I have... rather, he has a great looking Web site- http://nikkisixx.net/.

Ken.

" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

Lesmond

My name came from my nieces in Scotland, they used to call me Desmond :) and I was looking for a nick to use, so my first name is Les, and I stuck the mond on the end. In the old days when lots of people used MIRC (I even wrote my own script for MIRC) I used Les_m_Uk, but I didn't like it too much ;)

tick

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on May 09, 2007, 01:41:59 AM
Do you hold them down while you're doing the numbers?
YEs Ich  I have tried every different way to do it.  I am on a laptop so I have to use the function key for a key pad

Zetan

Quote from: IchBinâ„¢ on May 09, 2007, 12:56:06 AM
As for the user name, I took German in highschool. Started playing online WWII games with allies/germans. So I wanted to choose something unique. First words that came to mind was Ich Bin which means "I am". Nothing special about it. But I get PM's and people speaking to me in German because of it every so often. :)

I actually thought it was an anagram at first glance, missing a letter.. I'll let you figure it. ;)

IchBin

lol, never thought of that. Bitchin!

Purple1

Mine came from 20 yrs back when mates started to call me Purple, as it was a colour which i wear most times some where on me. Over the years even people i have met, that did not know still came up with same nickname so it sort of stuck.

Lord Anubis

Lord Anubis

Well I love Egyptian Mythology and Anubis is:

Anubis is the Greek name for the ancient jackal-headed god of the dead in Egyptian mythology whose hieroglyphic version is more accurately spelled Anpu (also Anupu, Anbu, Wip, Ienpw, Inepu, Yinepu, Inpu, or Inpw). He is also known as Sekhem Em Pet. Prayers to Anubis have been found carved on the most ancient tombs in Egypt; indeed, the Unas text (line 70) associates him with the Eye of Horus. He serves as both a guide of the recently departed and a guardian of the dead.

And why the Lord part, well their are way too many people using Anubis as their username...So I wanted something a bit different, although I have been using this since 1996 as my username... many and I mean many Lord Anubis's have come up  :(