TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:15:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,112
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 58
  • Total: 59
  • @rjen

TinyPortal video tutorials

Started by lurkalot, May 02, 2019, 08:34:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurkalot

Been trying to come up with some ideas for the YouTube channel.  Thinking perhaps adding some short video tuorials on how to do some basic stuff using TinyPortal, example below.

This how you can add a menu tab / button to the main menu using TinyPortal's menu manager. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t_kJIluUIY

Ideas welcome, and if I get the time I'll try and make some more, though as you can clearly see I'm not brilliant at it.  ;)

jernatety

Great idea, but I'd lose the background audio. I can't stand background audio in tutorials but that's just me. I would suggest instead explanation as you navigate the different controls.

Outside of that. I would live to see tutorials for different front page configurations. Different ideas that would be considered more advanced block placements and such.

Thanks, great idea Mick.

lurkalot

Quote from: jernatety on May 02, 2019, 12:00:46 PM
Great idea, but I'd lose the background audio. I can't stand background audio in tutorials but that's just me. I would suggest instead explanation as you navigate the different controls.

Outside of that. I would live to see tutorials for different front page configurations. Different ideas that would be considered more advanced block placements and such.

Thanks, great idea Mick.

Thanks.  To be honest regarding the audio, well I do have really nice USB audio interface, but I don't have a decent vocal mic to use with it.  I use it only for directly recording electric guitar.

Also the free screencast software I use doesn't have any way of adding text, so I'm kind of limited until I can get my hands on some decent software.  Hence the music track. ;)

I'll work on it though, and perhaps come up with a solution.