TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 06:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 65
  • Total: 65

OK, now what?

Started by wakewatcher, August 20, 2021, 10:32:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakewatcher

Quote from: lurkalot on August 22, 2021, 02:20:00 AM

Think I only changed the setting in SMF Admin > Features and Options > General,

Allow guests to browse the forum

While testing I did add a little message on the forum page which is only viewable to guests. You can simply turn it off if not needed, but it might be handy as it tells guest they must be signed in to view the forums.

Thanks.  Sure is a lot places to play with in SMF.  Aw the ">> Notice: The forums are viewable to members of this site only. <<" is something you added.  I thought it might be the standard message but I like it.  Thanks!

lurkalot

Quote from: wakewatcher on August 22, 2021, 02:24:32 AM

Think I only changed the setting in SMF Admin > Features and Options > General,

Allow guests to browse the forum

While testing I did add a little message on the forum page which is only viewable to guests. You can simply turn it off if not needed, but it might be handy as it tells guest they must be signed in to view the forums.

Thanks.  Sure is a lot places to play with in SMF.  Aw the ">> Notice: The forums are viewable to members of this site only. <<" is something you added.  I thought it might be the standard message but I like it.  Thanks!

That message is coded in a php block, and contains a little snippet of php code to stop it annoying everyone including admins, so only geusts shoud see it.  ;)

You can edit the message to suite if desired.

wakewatcher

@lurkalot

This message is great. I'm keeping it but did run into another snag. It might be a SMF theme snag.  I'm old school so I'm using the default curve theme. Unlike your AlphaCentauri it has a search field on the front page. (I don't need it at all and if there was a way to get rid of it I would.) But when you are a guest (not logged in) and use that Search field it takes you to the standard SMF without the TP panels. Is there something I can to either get rid of that search field on the home screen or have that redirect to the forum page which also has the login and register links.

lurkalot

Quote from: wakewatcher on August 22, 2021, 06:47:27 PM

This message is great. I'm keeping it but did run into another snag. It might be a SMF theme snag.  I'm old school so I'm using the default curve theme. Unlike your AlphaCentauri it has a search field on the front page. (I don't need it at all and if there was a way to get rid of it I would.)

wakewatcher.  Visit your site anf press Ctrl+F5 to refresh. Then check to see f yor search has gone please.

wakewatcher

Thanks. Some of you guys are scary good!