TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:01:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 79
  • Total: 79

Blocks and Articles issues

Started by Oldiesmann, February 15, 2005, 04:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NightOwl

IE6 on Win2k. The lastest release.

Bjørn

Thats what I use as well. Like win2k better than xp in fact...

I am not sure what could cause it, since mine works - can't replicate the problem - but if I should guess, it could be something with the javascripting involved in the WYSIWYG editor.

I chose AplosRTE because it fast and lightweight and support both IE and Mozilla, but there are at least 2-3 others that can do that as well.

Anyhow, I am setting up an option of not using the editor, just a plain box that accepts html code. Just to allow those who do have problems to write articles still. You could just use a browser that will not show the editor too..I know Opera will not, but that means  installing it, if you don't have it already...

NightOwl

Guess I've found something about the problem in Error log

8: Undefined index: bkedit
File: LINK-MASKED-OUT\Themes\default\TPortalBlocks.template.php (eval?)
Line: 422

Bjørn

That variable is no longer used, so it may be better in the next beta.

danolie

Yeah... appears to be something w/IE. I'm running IE 6 with win xp. It allows me to create articles and delte them, but no body text is saved.

I switched to Firefox and am able to do it just fine. For now will just use Firefox for adding articles.

Dan

wise

edit: it does work with Firefox - not IE though.

NightOwl

Here is another serious problem.

I have 21 articles.

The TPadmin can only display 20 articles and the missing one is un-accessable.
So I can't edit or delete it without removing other article to made space for it to show up again.

Also, is there any way I can change the article size limits? I just mean a little personal modification is fine, guess that only my presonal need.

borgBOB

Quote from: Bloc on February 21, 2005, 10:13:52 PM
Thats what I use as well. Like win2k better than xp in fact...

I am not sure what could cause it, since mine works - can't replicate the problem - but if I should guess, it could be something with the javascripting involved in the WYSIWYG editor.

I chose AplosRTE because it fast and lightweight and support both IE and Mozilla, but there are at least 2-3 others that can do that as well.

Anyhow, I am setting up an option of not using the editor, just a plain box that accepts html code. Just to allow those who do have problems to write articles still. You could just use a browser that will not show the editor too..I know Opera will not, but that meansÃÆ'ââ,¬Å¡Ãƒâ€šÃ,  installing it, if you don't have it already...

What's wrong with the coding that is used in posts?  Like when I 'reply' to this post I have many of the same options your WYSIWYG editor offers.

Just a questions from someone removed from the project.

Bjørn

"Removed from the project"...? What do you mean?

No, its nothing wrong with using BBC codes..its just more difficult to write articles in it..typically when you need some tables and pictures aligned properly to the left/right. Thats why I put in the WYSIWYG. The next beta will have the option of using a plain box for html codes in addition to the editor.

NightOwl

8: Undefined variable: mg
File: Path edited\Themes\default\TPortalBlocks.template.php (eval?)
Line: 403

Just to inform another repeative error.