TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:18:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 145
  • Total: 145

"Members who have access - display" Block

Started by sangham.net, March 08, 2014, 12:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sangham.net

Dear Tiny-Portal supporters and friends,

a certain question came to my mind. In a complex forum with many kinds of permission it might be of use to know who actually has access to certain boards and I asked my self if such informtions would be possible to provide via a script. My naive perception for now would be a "simple" Block which provides the kind of members who have access to the certain area where one might be at the moment and the display of the particular kinds of membership linked to the member index of this group. As I am not much into this material I would like to ask:

1. Is it possible?
2. What would it require?
3. Does such even exist?

Thanks for any hints and tips in advanced. Maybe it provides also some inspirations.

Truly! So strive to be one of them. Or like to get a random Sutta?

If you like to get involved in helping developing an "Virtual monastery" to make the internet a little more accessible for Monks, Nuns and Ascetics, please feel heartily invited to join our bilingual community at sangham.net

IchBin

1. Yes it's possible.
2. Would require someone to write the code to do it.
3. It does not exist as far as I know.

I don't have the time to work on this, but maybe someone else will come along. Working on getting TP 1.1 out soonish.

sangham.net

Thanks IchBin for your replay.

I always fear that I touch you since I know that you are more than busy. Much joy with your present good undertakings!

Truly! So strive to be one of them. Or like to get a random Sutta?

If you like to get involved in helping developing an "Virtual monastery" to make the internet a little more accessible for Monks, Nuns and Ascetics, please feel heartily invited to join our bilingual community at sangham.net