TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:57:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 143
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 80
  • Total: 80

[v 1.05] Lots of things - are they fixable

Started by leoedin, April 08, 2008, 11:26:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leoedin

Hey

I installed v1.05. Great - I know it's a beta, but TP not working isn't the end of the world, and it would be nice to get the new features.

However, I've come across some issues.

1) The title of the forum homepage is the name of one of my article categories. It was "Encodes" - which is kind of random. I changed it to the title I wanted by renaming the category, but that's a really stupid fix. Is there any way to change this.

2) The "Recent Replies" box has a bigger font in it, and now it looks much less organised.

Used to look like this:

but now if you go to my forum (http://gbatmw.net) you can see it's all jumbled.

Is this some sort of stylesheet thing, or is it something else.

3) The AdvShout box is *filling* my error log. I had it disabled from some previous template problems that I thought I'd got rid of by removing all my mods, putting the default template over the mod-torn one, and installing them again. However, I turned it on and AdvShoutbox filled it to 5 pages in about 10 minutes.

Examples:
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member xxxx    Yesterday at 06:19:54 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address xxxx    Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session a5cb4c4ecd27f860a2dc6b5a1841654c
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://gbatmw.net/index.php
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: value9
File: /home/gbatmwne/domains/gbatmw.net/public_html/tp-files/tp-modules/TPAdvShout/Sources/TPAdvShout.php
Line: 3875

Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this member  xxxx    Yesterday at 06:18:51 PM
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this IP address xxxx    Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this session a5cb4c4ecd27f860a2dc6b5a1841654c
Apply Filter: Only show the error messages of this URL http://gbatmw.net/index.php
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
2: strstr() [<a href='function.strstr'>function.strstr</a>]: Empty delimiter.
File: /home/gbatmwne/domains/gbatmw.net/public_html/tp-files/tp-modules/TPAdvShout/Sources/TPAdvShout.php
Line: 3639

4) After doing anything - logging in, posting to the shoutbox, users are returned to ?action=forum rather than the front page. Can this be disabled?

The biggest one to change for my users is the recent posts box. The most important one for me is the forum title. It'd be nice to know whats happening with the adv.shoutbox.

Obviously this is a beta, so this is half bug reporting and half seeking guidance.

ceciulgoode

Nice job on the new version guys/girls, looks good...real good!

ed_m2

Quote from: leoedin on April 08, 2008, 11:26:58 PM
4) After doing anything - logging in, posting to the shoutbox, users are returned to ?action=forum rather than the front page. Can this be disabled?

i have this too.... thought i had missed a setting somewhere... but maybe not!

G6Cad

Beta software and you are all beta testers, beta means there will be errors, and also there will be fixes. :)
When the fixes will be released in some update package we cant say at all, but there will be at some point yes.

The shoutbox issue with redirect to the forum after a chout is a bug and looked uppon.

leoedin

Quote from: G6 on April 09, 2008, 11:29:50 AM
Beta software and you are all beta testers, beta means there will be errors, and also there will be fixes. :)
When the fixes will be released in some update package we cant say at all, but there will be at some point yes.

The shoutbox issue with redirect to the forum after a chout is a bug and looked uppon.

I understand that. Consider this a bug report.

Anyway - assuming the font-size issue is easily fixable, any suggestion on how I could fix it? I'll have a hunt around myself, but I'll probably end up changing all the other font sizes.

bloc

1.) Fontsize for recent topics is css-based yes, you can change it in tp.style.css.

2.) AdvShoutbox has issues - we are working on those.

3.) The logging redirecting to action=forum is intentional, simply because thats what SMF normally does..it redirects to forum index - not TP frontpage as was the case in TP 0.9.

leoedin

Quote from: Bloc on April 09, 2008, 08:06:26 PM
1.) Fontsize for recent topics is css-based yes, you can change it in tp.style.css.

3.) The logging redirecting to action=forum is intentional, simply because thats what SMF normally does..it redirects to forum index - not TP frontpage as was the case in TP 0.9.

would it be possible to add an option to choose in tp 1.0 final? For some sites it makes sense to redirect to the front page.

Also, kind of unrelated, my friend (web developer) found a vulnerability in the article system for certain PHP code. I'm not sure exactly what it is (I'll get him to write something about it), but it basically meant that some of the code in a PHP article I had was executed in the article editor. Probably not a major problem because most people using the article editor will be admins, but it is a problem nonetheless. He fixed it in 0.9 quite easily, so it's probably quite a quick fix. Do you have a bug reporting system or should I just say it in the forum?

Thanks!

Leo

grabman

ah sweet, these are exact issues I'm having.  Good to know that things are being looked at.  Must say thought that TP1.0 loads faster and seems to "flow" better.  Will follow to see how updates go.

Grab

bloc

Quote from: leoedin on April 09, 2008, 11:24:23 PM
Quote from: Bloc on April 09, 2008, 08:06:26 PM

would it be possible to add an option to choose in tp 1.0 final? For some sites it makes sense to redirect to the front page.

Also, kind of unrelated, my friend (web developer) found a vulnerability in the article system for certain PHP code. I'm not sure exactly what it is (I'll get him to write something about it), but it basically meant that some of the code in a PHP article I had was executed in the article editor. Probably not a major problem because most people using the article editor will be admins, but it is a problem nonetheless. He fixed it in 0.9 quite easily, so it's probably quite a quick fix. Do you have a bug reporting system or should I just say it in the forum?

Thanks!

Leo

Please report it in Bugtracker if you can.

I'll see if that option can be added, on the redirecting issue.

IchBin

You can execute any PHP code in an article. Thats why you don't give people the option to make articles that you don't trust. Same with phpbox blocks.