TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:12:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 310
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 286
  • Total: 287
  • lurkalot

TP function call?

Started by davejo, April 18, 2022, 04:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davejo

Hi,

SMF2.1.1
TP2.2.1

I am trying to get the SMFShoutbox to be hidden from the TP frontpage. I have tried all manner of function calls to insert into the box in the shoutbox settings, but it still shows no matter what I do. A list of what I've tried is

tp
tportal
portal
tinyportal
index
main

I've even tried the full site address.

Has anyone any idea what I can use please?

Oh in case your wondering, I am using the TP shoutbox on the frontpage already but want the SMFshoutbox in the forum only.

Below is a screenshot of the box

If you want play quizzes or games click below

@rjen

What mod is that exactly? And I am not sure is we can help you since the issue is with another MoD (not tp)

Why are you using two different shoutboxes anyway?
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

tino

boardindex might work, but technically it's the main page so I doubt you can specify that as it's "" i.e. nothing.

davejo

Quote from: tino on April 18, 2022, 05:07:42 PM
boardindex might work, but technically it's the main page so I doubt you can specify that as it's "" i.e. nothing.

Yes boardindex if the 'Forum' and TP is the index/main as you say. I didn't think of "" but I did use main.

My thoughts on asking here is that you might know what function call SMF would use for the frontpage.

Thanks for the reply guys

lurkalot

Quote from: @rjen on April 18, 2022, 04:51:50 PM
What mod is that exactly? And I am not sure is we can help you since the issue is with another MoD (not tp)

Would be nice to get the answer to those questions.  I was assuming it was the Arcade shoutbox.  Either way I'd have thought the mod author would be able to advise you on what to use and where, if it's possible etc. 

tino

This might work TPortalMain

As that what we set it to.

davejo

Quote from: lurkalot on April 18, 2022, 06:09:24 PM
Quote from: @rjen on April 18, 2022, 04:51:50 PM

Would be nice to get the answer to those questions.  I was assuming it was the Arcade shoutbox.  Either way I'd have thought the mod author would be able to advise you on what to use and where, if it's possible etc.

Guys,

I did tell you in the first post the name of the mod I was using. I want another shoutbox besides yours because yours is being used in a minimal way but the SMFShoutbox has more functionality, i.e I can have more smileys from the group I use, my members and I can whisper to each other and various other functions that yours doesn't do.

There is nothing wrong with either mod I just wanted to know what the function call was to stop the SMFShoutbox from working on TP.

If I go to the mod writer all they will say is they know nothing about TP and probably leave me to my own devices or tell me to talk to you.

I will check out Tino's idea.

Thanks for the replies

Regards

Dave

tino

@rjen

That shoutbox is published as being for SMF 1.
I find it not very likely that it is indeed that Mod.

Just an fyi: if I was sure what mod it is I would be willing to install it and see if I can help you.
But I will not start guessing therefor I asked ...

On another note: if you want to use another shoutbox or even another portal , that's fine. Just wanted to know the why for two reasons:
1. You may not be aware that it is technically possible to have shoutboxes with different Shoutbox-IDS (different content) in TP
2. Perhaps we can improve the shoutbox in future

But since you are happy with Tino's idea I will not need to spend any time on this..

Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

davejo

Quote from: @rjen on April 19, 2022, 06:06:54 AM
That shoutbox is published as being for SMF 1.
I find it not very likely that it is indeed that Mod.

Just an fyi: if I was sure what mod it is I would be willing to install it and see if I can help you.
But I will not start guessing therefor I asked ...

On another note: if you want to use another shoutbox or even another portal , that's fine. Just wanted to know the why for two reasons:
1. You may not be aware that it is technically possible to have shoutboxes with different Shoutbox-IDS (different content) in TP
2. Perhaps we can improve the shoutbox in future

But since you are happy with Tino's idea I will not need to spend any time on this..

Sorry for the delay in replying I was asleep

Unfortunately, Tino's idea didn't work.

The confusion here is that the file says 'Shoutbox_v1-4-7', so I said it was SMFShoutbox. I have the pro version of https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1295 which I purchased from SMFPacks.

The free SMF2.0 version, that the above link refers to has the same option in it and as, looking at the files etc, very little has changed for the 2.1.1. Pro version, so a solution for the free version should work on 2.1.1..hopefully.

I did ask for the TP shoutbox to have improvements made quite some while ago, as it seemed good to me that you can have multiple shoutboxs on the same site.

I really like the TP and don't want to change it, as it does everything I want it to do.

regards

Dave

tino

Quote from: davejo on April 19, 2022, 07:02:37 AM
The confusion here is that the file says 'Shoutbox_v1-4-7', so I said it was SMFShoutbox. I have the pro version of https://custom.simplemachines.org/index.php?mod=1295 which I purchased from SMFPacks.

The free SMF2.0 version, that the above link refers to has the same option in it and as, looking at the files etc, very little has changed for the 2.1.1. Pro version, so a solution for the free version should work on 2.1.1..hopefully.

Unfortunately the feature you are using is only available in the pro version. I don't have the code to see how it works and I don't think under the terms of the licence you can share it so you will have to ask that Mod Author.

davejo