TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

July 20, 2024, 08:50:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,333
  • Total Topics: 21,233
  • Online today: 133
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 57
  • Total: 57

panels only on forum index page

Started by brynn, November 17, 2015, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brynn

Hi Friends,
My host just did a full overwrite on my SMF 2.0.11 with TP 1.107.  I used to have the TP panels only on the forum index page.  But now I can't remember how I did that.  I've looked through the documentation and all the settings, but I can't seem to find what I need.

Can you give me a clue?

Thank you very much   :)
brynn

Link to my forum: http://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/index.php?action=forum
SMF version: 2.0.11
TP version: 1.107
Default Forum Language: english
Theme name and version: Aqua Style
Browser Name and Version: Firefox current
Mods installed: a whole lot (45 to 50) I can list if necessary, but not sure is relevant for this problem
Related Error messages: none

lurkalot

Hi Brynn, that's not good, I take it they did this by mistake?

If so, don't you have a backup of your files and database(s)?  Or better still your host should have a backup they can restore for you. 

brynn

So you think something went wrong with the overwrite?

Yes, of course there are backups.

brynn

No, they did the overwrite on purpose.  They call it "spring cleaning".

I found the settings for the blocks, and they are all set to only be displayed on the index page.  But they're showing everywhere!

brynn

Sorry, the forum's still in maintenance mode, at the moment.

lurkalot

Quote from: brynn on November 17, 2015, 09:36:51 PM
No, they did the overwrite on purpose.  They call it "spring cleaning".

I found the settings for the blocks, and they are all set to only be displayed on the index page.  But they're showing everywhere!

Sorry, that was a joke, right?  Do they mess everyone's sites up when they spring clean.  ???

If you go to TP admin > panels you can set them not to show in the forum.  Or you can go to each block in those panels and tell them what areas you want them to display.

If I remember correctly you also had a article making up the home page.

brynn

Yes, a single article for the Home page.

Well, I'm sure it was nothing they did on purpose.  I just wasn't sure if everything had been reset to defaults (which it is, in some cases, like themes) and I couldn't remember how I had set it up.  But as far as I can remember, everything is set how it was before.

But I guess it seems like something went wrong when they reinstalled everything.  They're looking into it now....or at least I've reported it, and I assume they are.

Sorry to bother you about it.

lurkalot

Quote from: brynn on November 17, 2015, 10:00:44 PM
Yes, a single article for the Home page.

Well, I'm sure it was nothing they did on purpose.  I just wasn't sure if everything had been reset to defaults (which it is, in some cases, like themes) and I couldn't remember how I had set it up.  But as far as I can remember, everything is set how it was before.

But I guess it seems like something went wrong when they reinstalled everything.  They're looking into it now....or at least I've reported it, and I assume they are.

Sorry to bother you about it.

Brynn, no bother honestly, just a bit curious as to why or what your host did.

By the way, found a grab of your site on wayback machine. Might give you some clues as to what it looked like, last year at least. https://web.archive.org/web/20140227093734/http://forum.inkscapecommunity.com/

brynn

Well, I remember what it looked like this morning, before he started.  But I don't look into the settings for TP very often.  Once I set them, I haven't changed them much at all.

But it looks like he's working on it.  TP has been uninstalled, so he's probably re-installing it.

I've never used that wayback machine very much.  But I tried to log into my forum on it.  It did give me the login page, but it didn't give anything more.  I was about to be shocked, if I could have looked up my old TP settings!

lurkalot

Looks like you've now got the latest release of Tinyportal, version 1.1  O0

It's looking better now though, even your Coppermine theme is back.  O0