TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:12:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 177
  • Total: 177

Advance Shoutbox

Started by forummaker, July 12, 2009, 01:49:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

forummaker

Just a couple things....
> I just have to say thanks to Bloc for creating such a great add on to SMF. My website wouldn't be what it is without TP. Thanks!

Now the question...
> After figuring out how to use the shoutbox module.. and getting it all set up.... just the way I like the look and feel... I had a couple errors in the error log. They didn't seem like major errors... but I had to find out what was causing them. After conducting a search here at TP, I found out that the Adv Shout Box is no longer being supported. Hmmmmm.
Thats a bummer. It seemed to have a lot of what people are looking for in a Shout Box. So, why would the support for this great module be discontinued? I know that everyone that supports TP and helps those in need here are not getting paid.. but why wouldn't the experts continue to grow and build off this module and stop support for the simple shout box?
I'm using the simple shout box.... but just had to ask.
Thanks again.

G6Cad

The developer  (StormLRD) of Adv Shoutbox could not continue his work on it because of IRL issues he needed/needs to go through, so thats why we stoped and also removed the adv shoutbox from TP.
Bloc is not the dev of Adv Shoutbox.

forummaker

Thanks G6.
Advanced Shoutbox is still listed in my installed modules.. that's how I was able to use it. I'm using TP 1.0.5

G6Cad

It was removed in beta 3.

stormlrd

Thanks G6, and thanks forummaker for your interest in the advance shoutbox. It was/is a fun project that one day I hope to complete along with other Modules. But they did the right thing for now as my circumstances prevent proper development of the module. Im not gone entirely but I can't code right now and for that I apologize but thanks so much for the interest as its just one more reason to sort what needs sorting and move forward into the future and hopefully back into development and design. :D

Crip

I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

stormlrd