TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 07:24:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

\ in action causes database error

Started by Oldiesmann, June 06, 2020, 04:59:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldiesmann

I don't remember what version I have on my server. I think it's 10.something but I haven't updated it in ages.

Also, what all has changed with 2.0.0? Comparing it with a 1.6.6 install the only big thing I see is that the Yes/No radio button pairs have been replaced with checkboxes

@rjen

Most of it is 'under the hood'  changes an not new functionality... below is draft but pretty much the complete change log...

QuoteBelow the changes made to the branch labeled 2.0.0

This includes the following updates and fixes:
Relevant to 2.0 and 2.1:

Technical updates:
- major updates to codebase, cleaned up sources, templates and language files
- changes to database tables and fields
- removed the unused code sections for plugins and modules
- removed non-functional permission 'always approved'
- fixed a number of hard-coded language strings
- updated language string usage in for easier translation

New functionality:
- added setting to Disable the PHP eval function for templates
- added configurable paths for TinyPortal images, downloads and blockcodes
- added setting that allows the removal of Tinyportal menu option for all users but admins
- added setting to allow / disallow links in comments
- updated article comments display and added comments counters
- replaced 5-boards option with multi-select for news boards topics frontpage
- added 'include or exclude boards' option to recent topics block
- updated block sorting function to resolve issues when moving blocks up and down
- added extra css option for custom css
- allow for over 30 search results and pagination on article search
- replaced general settings with checkboxes instead of radio buttons
- updated TinyPortal menu option allowing direct access to settings pages

Relevant to 2.1 only:
- added Mentions to Shoutbox and article comments for SMF2.1

NOTICE!  because of the database changes in this version there's no going back to TP 1.x.x after installing version 2.0.0. You can install previous versions, but by doing that you WILL lose TP data and you will need to manually fix or recreate your content!!!
Running Latest TP on SMF2.1 at: www.fjr-club.nl

lurkalot

Also Re:  New functionality:

The ability to add external downloads, via link.

tino

It was never meant to be massive changes to the user, just a rewrite of the logic to make it more friendly and follow more modern design practices.

It's kind of done that, but require a fair bit more work. I'd like to switch to using flex based css for the layout but tbh that's not my realm of expertise. 

Oldiesmann

Moved my Archie site over to TP 2.0 last night (from EhPortal). Had to tweak my shoutbox importing code to account for the change in column names but other than that it seems to be working well.

I did notice a couple of issues though...

1. With layout 3, the shoutbox displays the date/time before the username in addition to on the far right side of the shoutbox. It should only display on the far right side.

2. What happened to the option to enable/disable modules? It's not a huge deal since I can use permissions to hide things I don't use, but it just seems odd that it's not there anymore.

Oldiesmann

One other thing, which seems to be a recent development (comparing archiefans.com and oldiesmann.rocks)...

The blocks in the left and right panels now appear inside another "panel" of some sort rather than standing out on their own. This looks weird and also reduces the width of the blocks.

@rjen

Can I see what you are referring to somewhere?

What SMF version are you using?

What theme?

@rjen

found it...
https://www.archiefans.com/

As for the right and left panel: it seems you have set to use the roundframe for them: check Tinyportal > Settings & Frontpage: Use the roundframe style for left/right panels

(that setting is pretty old by the way and I doubt it's usefulness, so I was considering to remove it...)

The modules enable / disable has been removed since the whole modules concept has been removed: that has never really brought what it was intended to bring. So the 'modules' TPdownloads, TPshout and TPlistimages are now just an integral part of TinyPortal.

Instead there is a switch in the TPdownloads settings now that allows you to switch it off:  TinyPortal > Manage TPdownloads > Settings: "Show Downloads"

I'll check the shoutbox layout: that's new to me..

@rjen

Found the layout bug... fixed now. You can use attached file if you like...

Oldiesmann

Thanks for the quick response. Not sure how I missed that roundframe option.

Updated my copy of TPShout.template.php as well via the admin center (faster than downloading a new copy and uploading it again)