TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 04:52:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online

"Today in History" block

Started by Lesmond, October 29, 2005, 01:25:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moocat

crip

Could someone try to explain to me  :uglystupid2: ..exactly where and how to import this to DB?..I've tried importing this several times and I getting syntax errors because I do not know what I'm doing..and my Cpanel doesn't say much about import / export.

Thanks,
crip~

bloc

Use phpMyAdmin to import it. Have you used that before?

Moocat

i had to do this just recently when i switched hosting. go to your cpanel and select mySQL databases. then at the bottom hit phpmyAdmin. from there it's rather simple, and there's a nice long post from grudge on how to do it here

bzmorrow

Simple machines sure is slow today, they running that site from a dialup connection?

I dont see any import anything in phpmyadmin, I do see export but that not gonna help I have done it once before but I cant remember where I did it at. It seems to my like once you go into myadmin it was at the top to import?

Oh well I will keep trying, I didnt read this part orginally hosed a whole install...I guess its important. internal server errors, no way to get back in.....:(

graffixjones

In phpMyAdmin, first select your database in the pop-up at the left-hand side of the window.  Then, click the little 'SQL' tab at the top of the window.  Underneath the SQL text field, there should be a table labeled 'Or, location of the text file'.
Click the 'Choose File' button, select the .sql file you downloaded in the first post, and then click 'Go'.
Voila! :)

This is a cool little block, but I'm having trouble with it 'underlapping' the block below it.
Attached is a screenshot of what I'm talking about... it could just be how Safari handles the css.  An easy enough fix is just to make sure it's the last block on the sidebar, but I was hoping there was another way to fix it so I can keep it in it's current position.

bloc

this code...

echo '<div style="height: '.$my_height.'ex; overflow: auto;">';
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($request)){
echo '<b>' . $row['pn_yid'] . '</b> - ' . $row['pn_content'] . '<br />';
}
echo '</ul>';
mysql_free_result($request);

..actually had an error in there. I have changed the post now, so it says:
echo '<div style="height: '.$my_height.'ex; overflow: auto;">';
while($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($request)){
echo '<b>' . $row['pn_yid'] . '</b> - ' . $row['pn_content'] . '<br />';
}
mysql_free_result($request);

Does that solve the problem?

graffixjones

Unfortunately, no. :(

It's probably a Safari bug... the rest of the blocks work fine...

However, I was able to echo in some table settings for the block

echo '<table width="100%" border="0"><tr><td>';
//the block code//
echo '</td></tr></table>';

And now it works fine in any position... thanks for looking into it though, I appreciate it.

bloc

Must be the div that confuse Safari. When in doubt, use a table... :)

winrules

I've had the same problem with it messing up the block under it, but in IE6. Adding the table thing worked for me, too though

So it's not just safari