TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:35:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 349
  • Total: 349

Server Migration

Started by Anmer, November 15, 2020, 10:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anmer

Hi

I have changed my hosting provider.  In doing so I started with a fresh install of SMF and TP.  The existing one had been operating since 2012 but over time minor errors had developed with version upgrades and mods.  So a clean start was needed.

All of TP was created afresh.  No data or files were imported from the existing server.

The new hosting provider gave me a temp url while I setup the forum.  Everything was setup perfectly and we tested everything before we re pointed the domain at the new server.

However, I now have a problem with TP Downloads.  I can see the files on the server and they're available for download within the forum.  But the downloads complete with empty files and errors in the Admin Log.  And if I try to upload new files they don't reach the server.

It's as if TP now doesn't recognise the new server since the url change?  But I can't find a setting to nominate the server location.

One thing I noted was that the forum directory was originally named "Forum" and then changed to "forum" (lowercase letter f).  This may be relevant but can't see where to update this for TP?

I've run SMF repair settings.

Link to my site: www.radarspotting dot com
SMF version: 2.0.17
TP version: 2.0.0
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: SMF Default Theme - Curve
Browser Name and Version: Chrome Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Mods installed: TP, Contact Page, NChat, Country Flags
Related Error messages:

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=upload
2: opendir(/home/ccfcbasi/public_html/Forum/tp-images/thumbs): failed to open dir: No such file or directory
File: /home/ccfcbasi/public_html/forum/Sources/TPSubs.php
Line: 892

https://radarspotting.com/forum/index.php?action=tportal;sa=download;dl=get59
2: file_get_contents(/home/ccfcbasi/public_html/Forum/tp-downloads/1605430238Merging_SQB_Files_Final.pdf): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
File: /home/ccfcbasi/public_html/forum/Sources/TPdlmanager.php
Line: 2038

tino

If you go to the database and look for the following in tp_settings " download_upload_path" that will probably be where the error is. There is also an image_upload_path and blockcode_upload_path in the same table which might need changing.

Anmer

Thank you.  Editing the paths in the DB as you suggested resolved the issue.

I'm very grateful for your help.