TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 08:02:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 106
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 77
  • Total: 77

SMF 2.0 Release Candidate 1 is out!

Started by amiralib, February 05, 2009, 06:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZarPrime

I think the idea of a TP theme that installs automatically when you first install TP is a great idea.  It could include 1 of each of the different types of blocks and the default article (I know one already installs now) and when if finished installing you'd be presented with a default look to your Front Page which would highlight all, or most, of the things that can be done with TP.  It would automatically already have a Forum Button setup.

For instance, it might automatically setup 1 of each type of block (left, right, top, bottom, upper, lower) with links to your block settings and instructions on how to turn them off, etc.  The default article on TP might include links on the TP site on how to do things like Adding a Forum Button to a custom theme, a link to the support board on TP, and other common TP questions, etc.

It might include a set of common blocks, like a user block and a stats block, and the other non-common blocks, like a block in the top panel might have content like "This block is an example of a Top Panel Block --- You can adjust the content of this block by going to your Panels and Blocks Settings in your Admin Panel".

Just a few ideas about it.

ZarPrime

sturmkatze

Quote from: ajg on February 08, 2009, 04:31:20 AM
yeah!  i will be waiting for this one..  for me, i'd rather delay updating to SMF 2.0 without a stable TP 2.0..  TP is very important part of my forum, so i'm willing to wait for it especially TP2.0 for SMF 2.0..   :up:
Actually, TP is more important to me than my forum... I like the portal part and the ability make the site more functional and dynamic. I just want stuff to work :P And especially, I want my assistants to be able to work on it easier... w/ regular static HTML they had a lot of trouble.

Anyway, I digress. Watch, G-6 will show up on my door with a Louisville Slugger and beat the crap out of me :P