TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:14:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 49
  • Total: 49

Blocks

Started by darlene, November 06, 2014, 03:39:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darlene

Can anyone help me please.

I use tp and smf at www.runningtrades.com. Usually I do not get into the settings. I was messing around with blocks and now I cannot get them to display.

I have 4 in the left column. The only one that shows is other resources, the first one. If someone could help me it would be so appreciated.

My anxiety is way up there, why did I touch something... Each block I look at is on, and in the left position. Please help.

I can setup a test accounnt if anyone can help me figure out what I have done. Thank you

Darlene

darlene

I managed to get the left blocks going, I believe it was when I selected english

I still cannot get the welcome post above the news post, for now I just made it sticky but that won't work, any help would be awesome

IchBin

There are a few things that can cause this. Did you select the option in TP > Settings > Use language visibility option for blocks?

darlene

Yes I checked the user languager visibility for blocks.

I managed to get all the left side blocks but  cannot get the upper panel to work as that is the introduction to the site and always needs to be on top of the forum posts on the frontpage

I have always had a problem with TP as I cannot take a post and promote it to the front page, but it worked for me just for a display and allows a little bit of customization.

IchBin

If you selected that option, did you go into each block and enable the block to show for all the languages you want it to show for? If you select that option, and then you don't go in and select English at a minimum in each block, they will not show.

darlene

I did that last night and that is how I got the left blocks showing. Strange I seem to have all the panels working and the only one I cannot show is the upper panel. There must be something in the settings I am missing.

darlene

Sorry to have bothered you. I got it as I had the front page Articles and forum front front page both selected, I guess I ended up with a conflict.

ZarPrime

Darlene,

Did you get everything working the way you wanted it to be? If so, I will mark this topic solved. :)