TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:28:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 108
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 66
  • Total: 66

showcase posting guide

Showcase Board Posting Guide

The Showcase Board is for our Members to Showcase their sites that use SMF and TinyPortal.

Any topics for sites that no longer use TinyPortal are subject to deletion at any time, at the discretion of the TP Support Site staff.

Covtri.co.uk

Started by ed_m, January 13, 2009, 04:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ed_m2

Site Name: Coventry Triathletes
Site URL:    www.covtri.co.uk
Site Owner:     ed_m
Site Designer:    ed_m
Theme Designer:   ed_m (modified default, still some tweaks expected)
Site Genre:    Triathlon club homepage

The old club site I set up was wordpress based, and worked ok.
However we added SMF to this which was a great success in terms of communications & community.. but this wasnt integrated & bridged to wordpress (where we also wanted member only content).
Rather than attempt the bridging or using two user systems we now have TP based around the forum which makes sense since it is now the heart of the site.

The links in the header used to link to WP categories, i've implemented a couple of custom pages to pull topics from an announcements board area to reproduce this, meaning any user with the right permissions can make the announcement.
(I considered article categories with user group permissions to submit articles, but until this works seamlessly i dont really want to use it)

Have also modified the smf gallery & links mods to appear in TP type box using TP styles.

Using blocks set to display in different areas/users works well too:

• I have a top block ready to go frontpage only to advertise this year's race we organise
  • There's a members area block linking to member only pages, but the block is set only visible to members
  • I have another top block (no title/frame just red text) which is active for members only when using public forum areas to remind them it is a public area and not to post personal details... very neat.

G6Cad

I just love the simpleness there, really great thinking going for that layout  :up:  :D

clint

I love the layout of the theme. This was the inspiration I was looking for.  :)
I was looking at this part here,

Welcome !
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Is this part of the theme or have you put it in a PHP block?

ed_m2

Quote from: clint on March 18, 2009, 05:51:09 PM
Is this part of the theme or have you put it in a PHP block?

cheers clint.

that bit is an upper block (in that version of TP anyway)... set as a phpblock which simply calls the ssi_welcome() function.

it displays what you saw... or in my case:
"Hey, ed_m, you have 56 messages, 0 are new. "

ibillwilson

I like the theme a lot. It is nice and clean!