TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 03:37:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 190
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 128
  • Total: 128

USER CP - An alternative to Profile Screen

Started by akulion, October 18, 2006, 07:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

I still get an error:
QuoteParse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /home/bzadmin/public_html/raven/forum/Sources/Load.php(1708) : eval()'d code(225) : eval()'d code on line 104

akulion

oh i se why

ur don't has a ' in it - if u remove that and make it dontthe error wil be gone :up:

Lesmond

Could I put this code in a custom action? (as in custom action mod) then I could see what people are doing in the who's online list

Raven

Ah I see, thanks Aku, works like a dream now.
http://www.bzfiend.com/raven/forum/index.php?page=7

Also gifs work nicely even on white backings, if you want then just save the images that are on that page.

akulion

Lesmond that would be cool

we may have to wait for jpdeni, Thurnok or jocortina or another experienced PHP user to shed some light on this one :up:

ur welcome Raven - I think u forgot to put the images up - cos i cant see them

Raven

Hmm Oh yeah thats right, I redid the script, it still says PNG not gif, fixing in about 1 min

Fixed

bloc

Very nice. :) It can basically be added to the actual Profile template as well, with some adjustments..but the concept of "shortcut"/"dashboard" is a great idea.

Raven

Personally I think it would be best to have both as some people who use SMF all the time may prefere the original one, having both is an asset.

Also, does SMF not like it when you ahve two buttons with the same proporties? I made two profile buttons just with a differrent name and action, one for the new one, one for the old, and only the header loaded afterward, when I deleted the second button, it was ok again. Wierd :S

Lesmond

Quote from: akulion on October 18, 2006, 09:13:11 PM
Lesmond that would be cool

we may have to wait for jpdeni, Thurnok or jocortina or another experienced PHP user to shed some light on this one :up:

I done it :) all I had to do was paste the code into a custom action and call it "user" then change ?page=xx to ?action=user"> works kool :up:

Thanks aku

"edit" just one thing I noticed you dont have to be logged in to view the page

akulion

Quote from: Bloc on October 18, 2006, 09:24:01 PM
Very nice. :) It can basically be added to the actual Profile template as well, with some adjustments..but the concept of "shortcut"/"dashboard" is a great idea.

Quote from: Raven on October 18, 2006, 09:28:07 PM
Also, does SMF not like it when you ahve two buttons with the same proporties? I made two profile buttons just with a differrent name and action, one for the new one, one for the old, and only the header loaded afterward, when I deleted the second button, it was ok again. Wierd :S

that shouldnt cause any problems - dosent matter how many buttons u put even for the same action - could be an error in your modified code - have a closer look at it :up:

Quote from: Lesmond on October 18, 2006, 09:37:41 PM
I done it :) all I had to do was paste the code into a custom action and call it "user" then change ?page=xx to ?action=user"> works kool :up:

Thanks aku

"edit" just one thing I noticed you dont have to be logged in to view the page

cool :D and ur welcome and thanks :up: