TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:02:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 98
  • Total: 98

POD Selector???

Started by Retell, March 26, 2005, 01:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retell

Is it possible to make a block for TP so that you can select pod colors, with out changing the actual theme???

Retell ;)

Bjørn

heh...not a bad idea. But its more work to cater for explicitly Helios and the different color-versions in TP, than simply installing Helios 3-4 times and giving each a different color. Then making a block for example, that has a small picture of each "pod" and link them each to index.php?theme=xx  corresponding with the theme and its color version...

After all, its an one-time setup, so when you have it done, no more tweaking is needed.

Retell

maybe I will F^&* around with it when WindowSMF is finished.

Kindred

well, not necessarily supporting this modification, but it might be handly, especially if you have 4 Helios Themes installed, plus any of the other multi-colour themes... 

mostly because, if you have mods installed, you have to install them in EVERY theme.

Actually, thinking on it, this might be a useful mod for SMF itself, for those people who feel the need to install multiple themes. :)

Bjørn

Choosing multiple color versions from within the same theme is possibe, i did it in Simplicity. But not all theme authors think its needed I guess.

Doing it as a mod, will be difficult, because it won't know how color versions is present, and some themes change more than just the style.css. Helios change just the graphics, and NOT the style.css... ::)
While Themis has 3 color versions built-in, admittedly only for the admin, but it can be adjusted slightly.

Thats why I suggested just setting up more themes with the different colrs , and just plain and simple provide links to them.