TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 12:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 100
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 72
  • Total: 72

World Clock Java Aplet

Started by BCB, May 02, 2006, 03:02:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BCB

I know with the people that come to my forums they are all over the world, and sometimes it can be a bit tricky to know what time it is in their area so I set out to find something that I could use. At first I had a bunch of different clocks  that went moreless down the whole left side of the page but did not want that so I figured there was something better, So Far this is what I have found to work the best.

If you want to see if it is something you want Download the attached file, Change the name of the file from wClock.txt to wClock.jarand put it in a folder on your site, Change the line in the code "http://yoursite.com/yourforum/Blocks/Clock/wClock.jar" to go to that folder
Make a new block and use Java put in the following code. Adjust to suite your needs. (The reason for the the Change is the site will not allow me to upload the .jar ext.)

<APPLET code = "WorldClock.class" archive = "http://yoursite.com/yourforum/Blocks/Clock/wClock.jar" width = "290" height = "150">
<PARAM name="background_color" value="175,190,190">
<PARAM name="border_clock_color" value="0,0,130">
<PARAM name="digit_clock_color" value="0,0,0">
<PARAM name="cities_text_color" value="0,0,0">
<PARAM name="cities_background_color" value="175,190,190">
</APPLET>

If anyone has something better I would love to see it and to know what else they did to make this better. I am not the writer of this I am only passing it along to others.

moviespot

dose anyone use it on his site?

i want see a demo

G6Cad

do a search on google and you will see demos for the clock

BCB

I use it on my site.   for a demo of it you can see it at www.trdsquad.com

Muziek4um

Assistance

Quote from: Muziek4um on August 09, 2006, 12:36:29 PM
Here's another one: http://javaboutique.internet.com/World_Clock/

Not my site but did a google search. :D
lol I personally wouldnt use this one seeing as they consider Canadian cities as America
not only that, they didnt include the the capitol of Canada, nor its biggest city

please boycot that one :P

BCB

If the city is in the same Time zone as a city in Canada what is the big deal? I would not care if they used Cities from other countries for it as long as it was in the correct timezone for what I am looking for. I guess some people you can not please no matter what.

Assistance

Quote from: BCB on August 22, 2006, 08:35:02 PM
If the city is in the same Time zone as a city in Canada what is the big deal?
not everyone would know if it is in the same time zone

just doesnt make sense to have a world clock that excludes major cities (Capitols)

IMHO