TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:50:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,165
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 266
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 188
  • Total: 188

"Solved" - Where did my TP go?

Started by hygron, April 20, 2014, 11:39:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hygron

Most of you know I am legally blind.

I just went to one of my sites I admin to add some affiliate links.  I added a block and inserted the link script.  Honestly, I am not sure whether it was working before that, but Tiny Portal does not show on any page in my forum.  The admin panel is there and shows up in the Navbar.

Any thoughts?
latewood.com
smf 2.0.6
TP newest version;  I believe

Did I miss anything you need?  Thanks, H

IchBin

What are your panel settings? Are the panels on? Looks to me like your TP install is working with the frontpage and all, but your panels are not turned on or something.

hygron

I checked that Ichbin.  I went in and all the little buttons said "On".  Is there another place that the panels can be switched off?

I don't see any panels anywhere on any pages.  Will look through it again later.  Sometimes I get frazzled, because I have to read with the "magnifier" built into Windows, and that means scrolling all over, trying to find things. Thanks, H

IchBin

Well I don't see any panels either as a guest. So if they panels are turned on, make sure that you have the settings on each individual block set so that they are visible to the member groups that you want. As well as they are visible for certain actions, or all parts of the forum.

hygron

Best I can tell...I gave all membergroups the permission to see all.  Only group that cannot access internal boards are guests.

I have an admin account set up for you if you want to browse the settings.   Let me know.

On another note.  I got hacked!  I just had to delete my general grow info board and re add it.  Some spammer hack posted 460 separate pharmaceutical ads in the forum.   :(

lurkalot

Strange one.  ???  I'd be happy to take a look if you like.

hygron

Ok.  I see you are a team member;  So PM on the way with admin login

lurkalot

Thanks, I am indeed.  I'll take a quick look, and if I can't see anything obvious, then we can wait for IchBin to step in.  ;)

lurkalot

OK, hopefully sorted.  In TP setting you had "Use language visibility option for blocks?" turned on. This would mean you'd have to tick the Languages:box for each individual block to make it show up.

I turned of the "Use language visibility option for blocks?" and all is working.  O0

hygron

Quote from: lurkalot on April 21, 2014, 10:48:27 PM
OK, hopefully sorted.  In TP setting you had "Use language visibility option for blocks?" turned on. This would mean you'd have to tick the Languages:box for each individual block to make it show up.

I turned of the "Use language visibility option for blocks?" and all is working.  O0
Well...Yes;  I did that.  Wanted to see what it did...Now I know what it did!  I still don't know what it does!?!?!?  :D  Thanks.  All sems fine.  I did lose my recent posts, but I made a thank you to you in Open forum and I see the recent post works.  Good deal

I also went to your guitar guild.  Nice site.  I am a player, all my life.  Nice to meet you. 

I would also like some help getting back in tune with smf gallery, and how you bridged "coppermine".  If you have the time.  I used to use both of those, but that was before my eyesight went to hell.  LOL

Let me know what would be best way if you want to mentor me a bit.  Thanks, very kind of you to take the time.  H