TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:30:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 167
  • Total: 167

Matching Themes?

Started by Maxx1, April 13, 2014, 05:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

What are your thoughts on matching themes for HTML/5 and WordPress and probably SMF?

This something I'm Testing and toying with at present.. this way you may have the ability to please some search engines, have splash and Flash on certain pages, with contact info , terms of use and intro to you site of Community. in HTML/ WordPress and have them linked together. I know somethings will not work like the WP blog thing and SMF will have separate log -in forums, however there will be better expansion of your horizons this way. WP and HTML5 are nice in way that they can be done to suite the responsive, ( mobile device demand ) and you may as the webmaster, be better able to add your pictures and media in the intro of the site, without the clutter in the forums, but still have to the same scheme or theme.

I know that there are some working systems - forks and themes to do the same thing more or less, but this may have some future draw backs, when trying to keep up to date on things!

Not gonna tell ya this will be easy, but once you have things set set up, there should be less, to deal with in the long run.

What I myself do not like is the so old same old, looks of the forum and portal, and like I said some are working on this, but when it comes down to it they may all look the same as well?

Now One person That I'm sure of that can do versatile System and or even a theme system is Bloc. And I'm sure if my past experience with him, he is work inbg something as I babel on here!! So you want to know how everyone feels, to let everyone know that there are many that  still care very much about the SMF and Community Systems or ( CMS)!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

hygron

I think this is a great idea;  IN fact I am converting a Wordpress forum to SMF, and the owner wants the same CSS style on the SMF I am building as what is on the Wordpress.

Can you help me?  Simply;  We want to modify "curve" theme.  Owner want forum White, with the slightest Silver gradiant, Black font matching the font style on his wordpress, and Red IN the Bars as opposed to the default white to orabge "hover"

If you can guide me;  I will be glad to post the Url's of both;  If necessary.

Thanks Maxx1, H

Maxx1

hygron,

This something that may consume allot of time, that I am afraid I do have at present , how ever Brad and others have posted some "how to" videos on Youtube that can guide you through the learning process, allot easier than, I can explain it. The videos are great you can stop, back up and review things as you go. The thing I'm working on is allot of custom and mixed code. You will find those videos very help in understanding the Theme working process and creating you own style.... always save back up copies before and during edits, on your Hard drive!

regards,
Maxx

hygron

Do you know the name/s of the videos?  Or;  Do you know what name they posted videos under?  I would not know where to start looking.  Thanks for your help, H

Maxx1

Here I have some posted on my site they are kinda old but still the process id the same more or less, and if you learn by doing it's best for you...I started the trail and error way many years back and still learning to fly! ( new site ) don't mid the mess test stuff all the time... that's what I do!
http://smf.surfacethemes.com/index.php?board=4.0
regards,
Maxx

Maxx1

Well Friends... I got my sites muti themes and the SMF 2.0.7  is now Responsive I check edwith many tools and Galaxy 4 phone and it looks great.

http://buildandtell.com/
Drop down responsive menus and all, 

the theme still need tweaking and will not be available.. although I may do a few others, to give out, depends on many thing, but I'll try! :) this one one just to see if it could be done!

Maxx