TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 04:59:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,158
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 79
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 81
  • Total: 81

Unable to use external weblinks in HTML/BCC articles

Started by Lum-chan, January 16, 2012, 01:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lum-chan

Hmmm odd, Both sites are in one webhosting account. But the used database is very old. Maybe I could backup the database-contents, create a new one and restore
the contents in the newly created DB. Would this be an idea?

Otherwise I might have to get in touch with my hosting-company and let them figure out why this is happening. I'll keep you guys posted on this.

lurkalot

Quote from: Lum-chan on April 27, 2012, 04:51:38 PM

Hmmm odd, Both sites are in one webhosting account.

I've had similar issues with mod security with two sites on one server.  It was enabled for my main site, but not on my test site.  So it might still be worth sending them a ticket.

Lum-chan

Thanks! Will do this after some testing this weekend.

Lum-chan

Quote from: Lum-chan on April 27, 2012, 07:16:49 PM
Thanks! Will do this after some testing this weekend.

[edit]
Tried another newly created database and restored the data from the old database. This didn't help.
[/edit]

WillyP

Some hosts give you an option to change settings like this yourself. And even though both your sites are on the same host, it does not mean they are on the same machine, so there could be some variation in the server settings.

Lum-chan

Thanks Willy! I did check the controls thoroughly but couldn't find such options anywhere. I'll open a ticket to resolve this problem. I'll report back when more info or a solution is available...

Lum-chan

Odd? I tried to edit the same article again and now it does work without any problem? I guess it was a host-issue (again)...

Lum-chan

I'm very sorry the delay in solving this.

Got it solved! It was a configuration of the anti-spam filter. odd enough it not only has influence on the email but also on used post-actions on websites. Disabled the anti-spam option and everything is working like a charm \(^_^)/

WillyP

Glad you got it worked out, and I hope you don't get spammed now!