TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 06:41:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 207
  • Total: 207

Hey Guys, It's Been a While

Started by Jpg, February 20, 2015, 03:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jpg

Some of you might not know me, but I used to be part of this community around 7 years ago.

I was 14 when I first dived head first into bulletin board software (10 years ago). I was a really big fan of Phpbb, until I discovered SMF & Tiny Portal. I originally joined the community to ask some questions, but stayed for the people.

A lot has happened in my life since then, which is why I left...I graduated from high school, fell in love, dropped out of college to freelance, moved across the country, almost got married, started working a crappy full-time web developer job to pay the bills, quit that to start my own company, ran out of funds, which leads me to now- I am temporarily working at a small design agency as a senior web developer, with my personal projects put on hold for a while.

I have learned a lot from this community, and just wanted to thank some of the original team for helping me learn how to web develop, by answering all of my questions and sharing their knowledge with me. I am now a master with almost every web development language (Ruby, Php, Node.Js, Python, Java, Ember, Backbone, etc), and I got to work with some big agencies, like Unicef, Keurig, Cabot Cheese, etc.

I heard about Crip, and I just wanted to say, my heart goes out to his family, and to all of you. He was a great guy, who caused a butterfly effect in my life. He got me into creating my own themes and sharing them, which led to me working with a theme company, which led to some freelance opportunities.

Most of you probably don't remember me, but it's cool. For those of you that do, I just wanted to stop by and say hello. :)

I might install SMF and Tiny Portal on my local server just to see how much has changed over the years.
See you guys around (and hopefully not another 7 years).

Your neighborhood-friendly web developer,
Jpg

Lesmond

Welcome back Jpg, yes I still remember you well :)

You'll be pleased to know work as begun on TP again, so stick around my friend and you will soon see the results ^-^

Ken.

Welcome back JPG.  O0
Yes a lot has changed with TP over the years... it has just gotten better and has lots more features.
" If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti
Yesterday When I was Young.

WillyP

Welcome back, though I'm one of those who 'might not remember' you, as I've only been here about 5 years.

And to look at the forum here it might look to some as though there isn't much going on, but behind the scenes, so to speak there is a lot going on and development of TP is still happening.

ZarPrime

Hello Jpg,

It's nice to see you again. I remember you, and a lot of your posts from way back then but I doubt you'll remember me. I don't think I was on the Team when you were here. In any case, don't be a stranger.

G6Cad

I remeber you, anoyng little teen with a lot of questions and ideas  :2funny:
Welcome back to the abyss  O0

Skhilled

Welcome back, JPG! Long time no see. LOL

IchBin

Hey there! I remember the name, but not much about you. lol  I'm still lurking around these parts.