TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:34:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 174
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 165
  • Total: 165

Stepping out of the Box 4 a while!

Started by Maxx1, December 29, 2012, 03:29:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

You know I have mention many times that I have yet to find anything quite like SMF and I love it, but like some others I feel boxed in and I have got to get out a do other stuff, NOW there are allot of great coders/people (php) and such here and there and I'm feeling that things are holding some back form doing what they/we really want to do. I'm going to keep a few of my SMF sites running and alive, But I'm gonna get more involved in HTML and HTML5 and CSS/3 and Java / Flash and other things that are moving toward the future I really love to work with, I have done at least 50 or so themes and did not make them available, because I just loved doing them, and helping others to learn a bit of what I have learned from others like Bloc and Brad, if at all possible, I was never in this for the money and maybe many don't even know who I am, but I have always supported the portals and theme creators as much as I could. But like some others I know, it's time to move forward with other things as well.

I have not found any better than TP and or SMF as far as what they were designed for, but I like some I know are stuck in limbo in a box, I feel we keep going back to the SOSO LOL! if you know what I mean. and I on my new efforts use a forum, it will most likely be SMF..

Please note that SMF and TP are still great (the best) will be used by many for a long time, I feel, this is just me how I feel really.

I am 60 + years old and don't have much time left to stretch out and expand and or learn more before my time is up. So here I go >>>

So if you find some stretching their legs and going for it, please understand, it's probably for the same reasons, but only they may have way more time that I!

And I'm not leaving SMF and TP stuff just stretching out for a while!

I love this stuff!

regards,
Maxx

But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

IchBin

Good luck in all you do Maxx. It's always good to see what's on the horizon no matter where it takes you.

Maxx1

Thank you Brad for the positive reply and I as far can tell still gonna use my SMF/TP forum in conjunction with the other stuff, But just get the need for expansion lol! And It  great fun so far and working well in setup anyway. Once completed ( and this will take time) I'll have time again hopefully to get back with making theme for the 2.1 Alpha that I have already got deep into... and it also fun! ( doing them on my xampp/ localhost PC even more fun!

regards,
Maxx

Freddy

Good luck from me too, it's always exciting to start on something new  O0

Maxx1

Working on some real nice themes for Word Press and other CMS projects, learn allot as I go, Also found that through Word press you can link to you SMF site Via RSS feed widgets, so this can, be something else to look forward to. you can also Create a menu link to you SMF community with easy, once you get familiar with the WP. I'll also be making theme for a few other CMS programs out there, before they call me home!

But still there is nothing like SMF!
And If your like Lurk and into photos, WP is good place to present some of your work, In a gallery, gallery plug-in or slide shows, lots of cool stuff!

I was making a wish the other day for and plug in, hoping that Brad could make one to plug-in the SMF within  to the WP, that would be real cool, they have them for some other Forums, but I'm not liking those too much! But Even though would it or could it be legal?

regards,
Maxx

Freddy

Wordpress is nice isn't it.  I used it on a blog of mine last year, I really liked it.  There is an SMF bridge if that's what you mean :

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3008

It hasn't been updated in a while but comments in the support thread indicate it should work.

Have fun :)

hygron

Sorry, I have not been around much in the last 2 years.  A lot has changed.  I just want to add;  I have been helped by all of you at one time or another, and hate to see anyone go, but I can understand the boxed in feeling.

I am going to start studying Java, as I can find no one consistently to write scripts for me.

Maxx!  Good Luck Bro.  Hope to see you around.  Me;  I', just 57...