TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 08:43:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,173
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 319
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 164
  • Total: 165
  • @rjen

Auto-Refreshing Shoutbox FREE!

Started by akulion, July 25, 2006, 04:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

akulion

O0 something we have all wanted for ages!

This is pretty awesome

But of course I wont give you the link until I have subjugated you to my long speech

lol

So hows everything going?

Well now that I have bored you enough with my silly ramblings here is the website :) demo on page

Oh yea all instructions are in the package :) Requires installation on server

enjoy

G6Cad

Didnt look all that good, i think the block is to thin cause i get scroll bars in both directions, and it is hard to read the text in the shouts  ???

akulion

im wondering how to fix that too

cos if u look on their homepage http://www.shoutpro.com/

they have it done perfectly....ive posted a question on their forum asking how....lets hope we hear soon and can have a cozy shoutbox..

oh by the way the writing text and all the styles can be easily changed from the CSS files in the theme folder

plus u can make as many skins as you want using css :D

G6Cad

On their site they have the witdh on that block set to 220 pix so i guess that is the minimum required witdh for it to look good  ???

akulion

I think i may have found the problem but my host just went down I think cos even FTP nor pages are loading!! ggrrrr

In the CSS file (the one im using is old school) it defines that the shoutbox should have a left and right margin of 2 px

As soon as my host is back up - im gona replace that file with 0 px margains and see if that fixes it

***Edit*****

ok it was a small server down or maybe just overload, seems to be working again

The above suggested solutions did not fix it!

There has to be a reason and I suspect its something very simple which we are missing!

akulion

A note to whoever reads this post

If you figure out how to get rid of the scroll bar at the bottom please please share with us as well....
Thanks

anunlike

Quote from: akulion on July 25, 2006, 02:04:27 PMA note to whoever reads this post

If you figure out how to get rid of the scroll bar at the bottom please please share with us as well....
Thanks

I don't know, myself. But if you check out the ShoutPro boards, it might be mentioned.

akulion

i checked - even posted a topic...but no ones around on there it seems...

Crip

This is one txtshout it doesn't come with atuo=refresh - but I used it several years back and you can make it auto refresh - ;)
I have become comfortably numb!

Cripzone | Crip's Free 2.0.2 Themes

akulion

its a nice one too... :D

Ill try and implement it soon