TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:17:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 78
  • Total: 78

Recent Topics Block Modification

Started by BlackGhost, April 02, 2015, 10:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackGhost

Link to my forum: http://thetraveler.lk/forum/
SMF version: 2.0.9
TP version: 1.1
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Reseller 2.0
Browser Name and Version: Firefox & Chrome Latest version
Mods installed:
   Akismet Spam Blocking
   TinyPortal
   Custom Action Mod
   Board Icons
   reCAPTCHA for SMF
   Topic Solved
   Karma Buttons
Related Error messages: None

I want to hide topics on Recent Topics from one specific forum called Testing. Is there a way to do this?

ZarPrime

Hello BlackGhost, Welcome to the Tinyportal Support Forum.

Quote from: BlackGhost on April 02, 2015, 10:04:40 AM
Link to my forum: Not needed

Mods installed: Not needed

I want to hide topics on Recent Topics from one specific forum called Testing. Is there a way to do this?

Have you ever stopped to think of why we ask these questions? Maybe it's just as simple as wanting to make sure that your Tinyportal copyright is showing at the bottom of you site so that we can feel good about giving you help in your time of need.

In any case, who do you want to hide these topics from, a particular member, or maybe everyone in a particular membergroup, or what? Maybe you want to hide it from everyone, except maybe the Admins of your forum. I can't imagine that you wouldn't want Admins to see the topics. If you want a block to show just topics from this testing board, you could use an SSI command for that and just show the block to the group that you want to see it.

... Unless, of course, I'm totally misunderstanding what you are trying to do.

BlackGhost

Please accept my apology. It was my fault.

Actually i don't need to hide topics from anyone. I just want to stop displaying that specific forum's topics on "Recent Topics Block" but still accessible on forum. Any idea?

ZarPrime

Actually, you seem to be using TP version 1.1, which we haven't released to the public yet but which we hope to release soon. That's certainly OK since it's available on our Github. Maybe that's where you got it but it might make helping you a little more complicated. What we are going to need to do is figure out where the recent topics block code is located in the version you have installed, and figure out how we coded it. If we used the SSI code, you can simply choose not to show that board. However, if we specially coded it to not use SSI, we will have to come up with a different method.

If I am right, it appears that you are using the block just as we are using it here, with the avatars, only in a horizontal configuration rather than a vertical configuration. Is that correct? The one thing that makes this more difficult for me right now is because I'm not using my computer right now but my tablet instead. For that reason, I may Need to have another team member help me with the code.

In any case, if SSI is in use, you can find out the board number for the testing board and use the following SSI code ...

<?php ssi_recentTopics($num_recent 8$exclude_boards null$include_boards null$output_method 'echo'); ?>

BlackGhost

Oh. It's TP 1.1
I'm not sure if I'm doing it right or not. I found this code in SSI.php file and tried changing like below but it's not working.

function ssi_recentTopics($num_recent = 8, $exclude_boards = 12.0, $include_boards = null, $output_method = 'echo'){

ZarPrime

Well  the reason it might not have worked is that you put an opening bracket at the end of the line instead of a semicolon.

Try putting the following in a php type block ...

ssi_recentTopics($num_recent = 8, $exclude_boards = 12.0, $include_boards = null, $output_method = 'echo');

Now, be aware that it won't be formatted the same as the standard TP Recent Topics block though, for instance it won't show the avatars.