TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:27:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 192
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 91
  • Total: 91

Daily changing code thingy?

Started by elliel, February 22, 2006, 01:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elliel

I wondered if anyone had a code that I could use that changes daily instead of the random type codes - eg the random quote code

I would like a bit of code that would do a 'daily quote' instead.  Is there something that could be used for a variety of purposes that anyone might know about ?

~thanks

borgBOB

There is a Today in History, code snippet. Perhaps you could modify that.

elliel

thanks but that looked kinda complicated

However... I found this instead:

Quotehttp://www.r9tools.com/rotate/

The Rotating Content Tool provides a simple way to add dynamic content to your web pages. You organize your content in advance and the content will then automatically rotate based on your criteria, either by specified dates or randomly. Learn more in the Overview or get started now creating your own content.

The Shared Content Library is a place where you can find ready-to-use content that others have created using this tool. You might even want to browse around the library to get an idea of how others are using the tool. (Once you create your own rotating content, consider making it available for others to use as well!)

I have set one up as a test, just for feb-mar with my own quotes that I entered in the file for every day of the specified date range, or you can change it to eg every wednesday or mon-friday only, or random or anything you like, then it even generates the javascript or php code for you for your file

It's really very cool and just what I wanted to achieve but wasnt able to write the code myself... although this is pretty simple now I have an example to work from :)