TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 142
  • Total: 143
  • tino

Image Slider With Links?

Started by NeoMorph, March 25, 2010, 11:46:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeoMorph

Yup, tried that too... still the same problem.

It all comes down to the browser saying there is a bug in the javascript code (which is something I haven't touched). It's something to do with the transition.

The bug is on line 189 of slideitmoo-1.1_full_source.js apparently.

IchBin

Need a link to your site. I'm betting you have another javascript function or file conflicting with this. I had a mootools script running that conflicted with this script and it did the same thing as yours.

Freddy

Thank you for that list of sliders Xarcell.  I found those very useful and inspiring.  :)

NeoMorph

Solved it....

TinyPortal inserted its own MooTools which was screwing up my code...

Thanks for all the help guys...

dismal shadow

Speaking of slider...will it implement as a block feature. Would be super cool to have. 

NeoMorph

:'(

Turns out that the slider code I used works fine in IE8 Compatability mode but indents in Firefox and iE8 native mode.

Time to look for a better one lol...

NeoMorph

Is it me or do all these sliders break the CSS of unordered lists in order to work???

Xarcell

Quote from: NeoMorph on April 01, 2010, 03:17:42 PM
Is it me or do all these sliders break the CSS of unordered lists in order to work???

eeeerrrr .... no?

NeoMorph

I found the UL tags in two sliders I was trying.... removing the tag in the CSS file busted the slider it seemed.

There was this other slider I tried which looked great but the CSS code had no explanations (even though it was supposed to be a tutorial) and when I used my larger images it overlayed the next slide 26 pixels over the top of the current one even though I changed all the CSS values to try to fix it...

I'm really hating not doing Javascript now and being on pain meds is screwing with my memory so I can't learn anything new it seems.

:-\

I'm not giving up... I WILL conquer this damned slider...