TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:18:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 151
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 143
  • Total: 144
  • tino

Custom Forms

Started by Indigo, May 16, 2017, 08:21:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo

I am looking for a way to create a form that a user can fill out and that will be stored for future use for that user.  Basically I want the user to have a way to create a custom character sheet that I setup the template for so that the user simply enters his/her info in and then saves. At some point they can then share with other members in some fashion.

lurkalot

Indigo welcome to TP support.

Not sure such a script exists for Tinyportal, but what about using the Drafts mod for SMF itself, would that do what you need?

Indigo

Thanks for the reply Lurkalot.  Drafts doesn't quite do what I need as we need it to be shared with at least the GM of any given game.  Drafts doesn't appear to be shareable at all.

lurkalot

What about using a bbc or html article?  Give your global mods rights to edit, when done it can set live so everyone can see it.

Indigo

I'll look into that and see where it leads me.  Thank you!   :)

lurkalot

No problem, keep us posted if you come up with anything.  ;)

illori

could you not use SMF's built in custom profile fields to store the data you want in each users profile?

Lesmond

Would this help "Custom Form Mod" http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1279 I have not tried it though.

illori

that makes a post in the "form"mat defined. i dont think that is what the op wants.