TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 10:13:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 123
  • Total: 123

I am back with a general query about shoutbox

Started by darkangel, July 22, 2014, 09:17:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkangel

I had to move due to circumstances just getting worse and worse at former host they had me  :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :knuppel2: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: and yet they still would not listen that it was not the forum but the server, even with proof that they could do something which I found on the web.

Their solution, downgrade forum version, php, use innodb instead of the usual and get rid of posts cause the db was growing to big...excuse me do they not know of Renderosity and runtimeDNA, not exactly small places.

anyway I moved, new host and dedicated server and all is well sort of, the old server corrupted a lot of our stuff.

but I moved the forums by installing fresh 2.0.8 SMF files with the TP1.0 that is offered. It did give me a querystring.php error (only one when installing TP but manually edited and working fine.

I was wondering if there is a way to add a font size selection drop list in the shout box for members. These would be the options, which are like the board code but I can not get it to work for the shout box.

<option value="" selected="selected">Size</option>
   <option value="1">8pt</option>
   <option value="1">10pt</option>
   <option value="3">12pt</option>
   <option value="4">14pt</option>
   <option value="5">18pt</option>
   <option value="6">24pt</option>
   <option value="7">36pt</option>

I did quasi get it to work when I copy/pasted the drop list code for the colors and change color for size but the opening tag was correct and the closing one still said /color , sizes showed and worked when used but the closing tag showed too.

I am hoping to have the code and write it down  directly under the color list so they will show side by side with a little space in between.

Anyone have ideas for making it work?
Fantasies Realm  | Fantasy Attic

SMF 2.0.15 | TP 1.2 | many mod addons | variety of themes