TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:50:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 1
  • Guests: 314
  • Total: 315
  • @rjen

Tapatalk and TP not working together.

Started by spizenet, November 04, 2015, 06:30:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spizenet

Link to my site: http://www.massillon.com
SMF version: 2.0.11
TP version: newest (downloaded yesterday)
Default Forum Language: English
Theme name and version: Inverted by Crip
Browser Name and Version: Tapatalk
Mods installed: TP, SA CHat, Tapatalk
Related Error messages:

So I did a fresh install on my website and wanted to have the newest of all my software which meant dumping a 3 year old version of TP and getting the newest.  (Also had every update mod for SMF starting at 2.0, lol)

Started having users say tapatalk isn't working today so I log into their control panel and have an error..

Server error occured cannot redeclare Tportal.init() previously declared

After deleting Tapatalk and reinstalling it several times, I thought "Tportal.init()" hmmm...

Sure enough, when I uninstall tiny portal, tapatalk works perfectly.  I reinstall tiny portal..  error is back.

It worked before on older version of Tiny Portal, but I'm not willing to go back to that old version as this new version does most of why I stick with TP.

thoughts?

lurkalot

Hi spizenet

I'm not a coder, but sounds to me like you might have some duplicated code in the file.  Did the install go ok,, or did it play up when installing.  You need to check the offending file for duplicated code.

Can you post the exact error(s) if any from you error log please.

As for tapatalk, to be honest I used to use it, but it has caused so many problems over the years, breaking almost every time it was updated.

spizenet

Quote from: lurkalot on November 04, 2015, 06:55:12 PM
Hi spizenet

I'm not a coder, but sounds to me like you might have some duplicated code in the file.  Did the install go ok,, or did it play up when installing.  You need to check the offending file for duplicated code.

Can you post the exact error(s) if any from you error log please.

As for tapatalk, to be honest I used to use it, but it has caused so many problems over the years, breaking almost every time it was updated.

Ok, I actually fixed it based on an old support topic I found on google.

In root/mobiquo/config/config.php there is a call to TPortalinit and something like TPtheme that I deleted per the support ticket (which actually was an old version and was config.txt back then)

Seems to work, but I don't use tapatalk.  Got rid of the error.

I sent a PM to a user I know uses tapatalk to see if it's all good.  If so I'll post a link to the fix here.

spizenet

I found this...

/* For mod conflict situation.
If your forum installed some mod which changed code in file like 'Load.php' and called function defined in the mod, tapatalk may not work.
In this case, you can config these mod or functions here, and it can help pass the function call problem.
However, we can not guarantee this can fix all mod conflict with tapatalk and the mod features may not work in tapatalk.
We set some known conflict mod and functions here as an example, you can add more seperated by comma.
*/
        'mod_function' => array('AnnoyUser', 'TP_loadTheme', 'TPortal_init', 'pmx_checkECL_Cookie', 'pmx_ECL_Error', 'allowPmx', 'hideTagExists'),

and deleted the two to make it this...

/* For mod conflict situation.
If your forum installed some mod which changed code in file like 'Load.php' and called function defined in the mod, tapatalk may not work.
In this case, you can config these mod or functions here, and it can help pass the function call problem.
However, we can not guarantee this can fix all mod conflict with tapatalk and the mod features may not work in tapatalk.
We set some known conflict mod and functions here as an example, you can add more seperated by comma.
*/
        'mod_function' => array('AnnoyUser', 'pmx_checkECL_Cookie', 'pmx_ECL_Error', 'allowPmx', 'hideTagExists'),

and on that bottom line deleted the two that were conflicts. 

Sayaka Maizono

PMX is the abbreviation for PortaMX. Are you using two portals at the same time?

illori

that is code provided by tapatalk, they dont care what you have installed they are just trying to provide some support. so they added junk that most likely is not required.

Sayaka Maizono

Quote from: illori on November 05, 2015, 12:17:43 AM
that is code provided by tapatalk, they dont care what you have installed they are just trying to provide some support. so they added junk that most likely is not required.

Ah, that does make sense.

SilverZ

Quote from: spizenet on November 04, 2015, 07:02:46 PM
Quote from: lurkalot on November 04, 2015, 06:55:12 PM

Ok, I actually fixed it based on an old support topic I found on google.

In root/mobiquo/config/config.php there is a call to TPortalinit and something like TPtheme that I deleted per the support ticket (which actually was an old version and was config.txt back then)

Where about's is the call to tportalinit in the code? I cant find it for some reason. TapaTalk is a pain.

illori

did you look in the file you quoted there? the solution to your issue is in this topic.