TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:39:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 175
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 173
  • Total: 173

Thoughts about future TP

Started by G6Cad, August 21, 2014, 07:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IchBin

I would suggest making the articles separate from the forum. And maybe even go so far to offer TP as standalone application that hooks into SMF if one wants to use it that way?

Maxx1

Just want to mention, that on SMF, TP is what makes it do what I like best! and if not for TP i would probably consider not using SMF :) these days anyway!

regards,
Maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

bloc

Quote from: IchBin™ on August 22, 2014, 04:52:15 AM
I would suggest making the articles separate from the forum. And maybe even go so far to offer TP as standalone application that hooks into SMF if one wants to use it that way?
Not sure if I want to steer TP into that...much of the features take advantage of being in the same code, same variable space as SMF. If built like an outside application I see "bridge" instead. Not the most optimal...

Then again, maybe there is a way for TP v.2 and Protendo to share features...have to think hard on this.

Skhilled

I can certainly see uses for this I'm sure there are people who would want to use it tthis way.

Quote from: bloc on August 22, 2014, 05:44:11 PM
Not sure if I want to steer TP into that...much of the features take advantage of being in the same code, same variable space as SMF. If built like an outside application I see "bridge" instead. Not the most optimal...

Then again, maybe there is a way for TP v.2 and Protendo to share features...have to think hard on this.

That would be interesting to see...

IchBin

I wasn't necessarily thinking of an external Portal. More of a portal that is dependent upon SMF. Using SSI or the REST API to do the "bridging".  Either way, just some food for thought. :D

lurkalot

Quote from: IchBin™ on August 31, 2014, 10:37:20 PM

I wasn't necessarily thinking of an external Portal. More of a portal that is dependent upon SMF. Using SSI or the REST API to do the "bridging".  Either way, just some food for thought. :D

Brad, do you mean like Simpleportal (excuse the language) does.  Standalone Mode? http://simpleportal.net/index.php?topic=11736.0

IchBin

Honestly I forgot they did that. But hey, good to know I'm not the only one with the idea. lol