TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:41:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,105
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 217
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 221
  • Total: 221

PM Audio Alert

Started by bigguy, September 10, 2006, 10:10:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigguy

I had this code installed on SMF 1.1 RC3 before TP and it worked great. I have also packaged this code into a mod. Now that TP is installed it doesn't look like it wants to work. Here is the code:

http://www.smfhelper.info/forum/index.php/topic,14.0.html

Can anyone help me with this and maybe I can make a mod that works with TP and SMF.

bigguy

Sorry to double post but I found a bit of the problem. When I turn off the user info for SMF through the TP settings it stops the Audible PM from sounding. Does TP use a different set of code for the PM's in the sidebar. If it does were would I find it. (I hope that was understandable)

bigguy

Ok, I'm sorry to triple post but I think I have just packaged this for TP. What this does (even if "Show user info" is put NOT to display) is when a PM comes in it gives you an audible alert saying "You've got mail" it will keep repeating that until you check your PM's. What I owuld like is for someone that has a test site to test this and see if it works first before I release this version of the mod. If anyone wants to it would be a big help.

THIS HAS BEEN TESTED NOW

IchBin

works great on my test site.

bigguy

I'm glad it works for you. It took me a bit to figure it out but I got it. Hope you all enjoy it. :)

IchBin

This is a TP mod not really a snippet. But I think it's worth keeping so it's going into the Code Snippets.

bigguy

That's great to hear. I'm glad it's staying. I hope people can find it useful, thank you. :)

bigguy

There has been an update to this mod that can be gotten from my site or simplemachines. Audible Pm 1.5 It only sounds off the "You've got mail" Once or twice.

akulion

good to hear :up: ill try it out as soon as i get some time :D thanks

RoarinRow

Works great, thanks!   8)

SMF 2.0 RC3
TP 1.0 beta 5-1
Wordpress 3.0