TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:07:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,106
  • Total Topics: 21,213
  • Online today: 358
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 97
  • Total: 97

Suggestions neede: Menu System

Started by akulion, July 27, 2006, 08:31:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbh

i see it too, but i think thats how he has it because i hit the ie switch and it looked the same. just for good measure i open ie and tried it as well, still shows the contact on the second line in the middle........maybe his right blocks are too big?

rbh

since this post is back to the front i wanted to throw a link on here. i had to dig it up, but if you like working with css there are some awesome menus, galleries, and other cool stuff here. http://www.cssplay.co.uk/index.html . i have used a couple of the galleries and several menus for sites and they have been well received by people.

JPDeni

Thank you so much for posting that rbh. I had found that site months ago, but was too stupid to make note of it. I love those css-only dropdowns. Just lovely!

Techdomain

what screen res are you using? it will drop the links to the second line if the res is too low... I will move some of them into sub-menu's

Techdomain

does that look a bit better to you guys?

rbh

Quote from: JPDeni on November 09, 2006, 07:33:01 PM
Thank you so much for posting that rbh. I had found that site months ago, but was too stupid to make note of it. I love those css-only dropdowns. Just lovely!

not a problem. i have hundreds, probably thousands, of bookmarks but the special ones get their own folder. this was in there, but even it is getting pretty hard to navigate the number of links in there.  ;D i just happened to have used the link the other day for a menu and this post reminded me of it.

Quote from: JRW on November 09, 2006, 10:46:51 PM
does that look a bit better to you guys?

looks good now. :up: i am running 1024x768 res.

Techdomain

cool. Just as a note for anyone else that runs into this, I did it by putting the header html from the "demo.html" file into the header of my index.template.php (you need to modify the url to point at the folder you upload the rest of the files - make it an http://www type of url too, so it will work on all your pages!) then I put the menu part (including the script /script tags) into a scriptbox as a centre block.
Then I just /* */ commented out the old menu (from index.template.php) to make the other one disappear. As for the "register" button on the right of techdomain.com.au (it becomes a logout when you register) I just grabbed some code from my index.template.php and put it into a right php block.