TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 164
  • Total: 164

Using TP with SMF

Started by BradIsBad, June 21, 2011, 10:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BradIsBad

I used TP quite extensively sometime ago but there were a lot of themes for it.  I have just started a new forum and I wanted to use TP again.  If I am using SMF 2.0 and one of the themes for it and I install TP would it now add TP functionality to the new theme?  I guess I'm a little confused on how to use TP now.

lurkalot

Welcome to TP support.

That is correct. 

The new versions of Tinyportal no longer require a adapted theme.  You can now just choose one you like for your version of SMF, and you should be fine.

BradIsBad

Which TinyPortal do I need to download?  I just installed SMF 2.0.  I appreciate the help.

lurkalot

You need the latest TinyPortal1_RC2.zip which can be found here, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=97

Hope that helps.

BradIsBad

I tried but I got an error saying one of the package files was not writable and it won't let me proceed.  Is there something I did wrong? 

IchBin

No, this is a server error. Writable means that the server is unable to write to a file to make changes. If it tells you which file, you simply need to chmod the file to be writable. Usually chmod to 755 or 775 will work. But sometimes 777 needs to be done for it to work.

More about chmod here.
http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Chmod

BradIsBad

Ok, everything is showing as writable now but it still won't install.  If I delete it and reinstall it wil that help?

IchBin

Who knows. With the way server configurations can be different, there's no one way to make sure it works. Do you get the same type of problem with other mods?

BradIsBad

I called my hosting company and had to set everything in the SMF folder to writable.  Once they did that it installed no problem.  Looks great!  Thanks for all the help!