TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 212
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 149
  • Total: 149

Better shoutbox for horizontal layout

Started by Oldiesmann, January 03, 2013, 11:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxx1

OK Top panel set for 150px now looks like this on my test site with the above file!

regards,
maxx
But Mama, That's Where all the fun is!

IchBin

Yeah I haven't been a real big fan of all the fluff in the shoutbox either Oldies.  If you really want to alter it to fit better, I'd just change the layout in the template. There should be a TPShout.template.php in the default theme with a function at the very bottom that controls the layout for the shoutbox.  You can probably only get what you're really after by altering the output.

Maxx1

maybe I can work on this later on see if we can do it a little tighter! Maybe Jim can work with me on this One?

I would also like to work on a way to adjust the padding on the frontpage window functions, probably in the TP.Style.css or what ever it called!

I'll get back on this topic later on hopefully!

I like the looks of the text field with the little arrow however it does take up too much space, what do you guys think about doing away with that, or I could do a custom, css for those that want it out! :) I'm ass most know by now taking out the background colors and making them transparent so the match any theme color scheme FYI :)
on both the TPSout and the TPStyle.css. also touching up the submit field for the Shout box!

regards,
Maxx

Oldiesmann

Quote from: IchBin™ on January 06, 2013, 04:08:06 AM
Yeah I haven't been a real big fan of all the fluff in the shoutbox either Oldies.  If you really want to alter it to fit better, I'd just change the layout in the template. There should be a TPShout.template.php in the default theme with a function at the very bottom that controls the layout for the shoutbox.  You can probably only get what you're really after by altering the output.

I'll take another look at it over the next couple of days and see if I can get it looking nicer. I'm just a bit surprised that it's so much work to get it looking nicer in the horizontal layout that is so common for most shoutboxes.

IchBin

Horizontal shoutboxes are common? I very rarely see shoutboxes, let alone see them horizontal. lol

Maybe I just don't see what you're talking about. When you posted a link to your site, I view the shoutbox as a guest and don't see it with the post box and smilies etc.  What settings are you using for your shoutbox height, block height, and which panel? I can try to see what you're talking about and see if there's something I can put in for future.

Maxx1

I never use the shout horz. but have tested and supported other portals and none of them look good at 150px. in height and how can you real expect them to... But I have post info above that will make it look allot better than what he had, if wants to use it it's up to him , or if he needs me to change the CSS for him , I can do that also... Just let me know!

regards,
Maxx

shobedo

Quote from: rocknroller on January 04, 2013, 09:25:33 AM
I think that all can be done just need a little imagination and CSS knowledge. I can help with that.

all you need u  can find on google http://www.google.com