TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:40:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,104
  • Total Topics: 21,212
  • Online today: 175
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 172
  • Total: 172

TinyPortal SSI.php modification

Started by sirknight, May 18, 2005, 09:45:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sirknight

What modification done by TinyPortal to SSI.php? If not, how can i display my article into the homepage of my website(not the tinyportal index page, though i also display all articles there). But i will display only the intro text of articles and the read more links.

Thanks

Bjørn

Basically you just include('path-to-ssi.php'); and do the call to the function in it, I have not adjusted SSI.php at all, TP just use its own version(which is just slightly different).

sirknight

OK so no modificaytion on SMF SSI.php.. :) But how can i display my articles in my website? you can visit now the site.. www.jascdemolay.org. I want to create a box in my homepage and the contents of this box is came from the articles created in TinyPortal. How can i do this?

Bjørn

ah..thats trickier, because SSI.php use its own routine to fetch its data, whereas TP depend on SMf to get it - partly.

So in order to show articles from TP, you need an own function to do this..it basically can consist only of a call to the database, and then simply render the output. Articles use no BBC code, so its no need to apply that rather complex routine to it.

But your frontpage can really be done in TP itself. The links "block" you have, affilitaes. recent topics there in the middle..all this can be done in TP...only problem is that you don't want to show same blocks in there as in forum - and the theme/look of course would have to be converted to SMF theme.

So before I have implemented blocks that can be shown only certain places, it will be a limitation.