TP-Docs
HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon HTML5 Icon
TP on Social Media

Recent

Welcome to TinyPortal. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:21:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Members
  • Total Members: 3,885
  • Latest: Growner
Stats
  • Total Posts: 195,164
  • Total Topics: 21,219
  • Online today: 180
  • Online ever: 3,540 (September 03, 2022, 01:38:54 AM)
Users Online
  • Users: 0
  • Guests: 178
  • Total: 178

TinyPortal and SAChat

Started by runningtrades, April 09, 2016, 08:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningtrades

Trying to use SAChat on my forum, but as long as I have TP installed, it won't work. Is there any way I can still use TP and have the SAChat? Am using TP 1.2 on SMF 2.0.11

illori

did you get an error message?

runningtrades

From SAChat:

WARN     Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/runnicom/public_html/sachat/Sources/Chat Subs.php:176)
File: /home1/runnicom/public_html/sachat/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 201

FATAL      Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1
               File: /home1/runnicom/public_html/sachat/Sources/Chat-Subs.php
               Line: 176

runningtrades

I installed SAChat and it didn't work...once i uninstalled TinyPortal, SAChat appeared at the bottom right hand corner of the screen...once I reinstalled TP, the SAChat Bar disappeared

illori

sounds like a conflict between the mods. since TP is larger i would suggest you contact the author of that mod and see if they can help you.

runningtrades

I have contacted the developer of SAChat who is looking into it. In the mean time, i was playing around with TP, and when I try turning on the bottom panel, nothing happens. SAChat is located at the bottom....possibly TP causing the issue?

lurkalot

Quote from: runningtrades on April 10, 2016, 04:31:38 PM
I have contacted the developer of SAChat who is looking into it. In the mean time, i was playing around with TP, and when I try turning on the bottom panel, nothing happens. SAChat is located at the bottom....possibly TP causing the issue?

My local test site has SAChat installed for testing since you brought up the problem, and having the same problem with the chat bar not showing. A jQuery conflict seems to be a likely candidate. 

My bottom panel works just fine with that mod installed. Just tested it.  ;)

runningtrades

ok, so that eliminates the bottom panel issue...mine doesn't work, and i don't use it, so not worried about it. But glad to know I am not the only one with issues with the chat bar not being there while running TP

lurkalot

Quote from: runningtrades on April 10, 2016, 04:54:36 PM
ok, so that eliminates the bottom panel issue...mine doesn't work, and i don't use it, so not worried about it. But glad to know I am not the only one with issues with the chat bar not being there while running TP

You sure your bottom panel isn't working? You're the only one who's reported this problem.

You turned it on TP admin > Panels?  And you created a test bottom block and activated it? and nothing?

runningtrades

yep, turned it on, created a bottom block thinking it would be a way around the SAChat issue, but nothing happened...

even when I only want the side panel on the main panel, it eventually ends up on all of the pages after awhile...and the only way to correct it is to uninstall it and then reinstall TP...this is a different issue though, that i have basically dealt with...didn't know about this support group until I started looking for answers about the SAChat